Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-27-2011, 10:32

Default Adding a snap clip to a rosette hair clip?

I'm making some rolled rosette clips - with three rosettes and felt backing - and I'd like to try adding a big snap clip instead of an alligator clip. But I'm just unsure as to how to attach it? Do I just dab a bit of hot glue at each end? Do I glue it and then put more felt in between?

I want it to be secure, but also not too sloppy....?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15

Default Re: Adding a snap clip to a rosette hair clip?

i read somewhere (sorry, can't find the link right now) . . . but they suggested putting 2 slits in the felt & then slipping your s/clip thru it.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:40

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I was wondering the same thing. I have ladies that prefer them on clips as opposed to headbands but the alligator clips leave a bump and you can see the butt if right at the edge.

Lynn
Old 02-28-2011, 11:45

I line my snap clips first, then attach whatever you want on the lined clips. In your case, you probably want to sew or glue your rosettes to the felt the way you want it, then glue the felt backing to the lined snap clip.

My Etsy My Facebook
Old 02-28-2011, 03:36

I use the snap clips as well because I think they look better for the rosettes, dont leave that bump like the alligator clips do. First I made sure that the hot glue I was using was getting a strong enough bond to the felt. I found that the glue sticks at HL dont hold as well and eventually tried the cheap WM ones and they hold the best. I just get the snap clip and open it so that the glue doesnt get on that inside piece, run a line of glue on the entire snap clip (not too much where it will ooze over the edges of the snap clip) and then lay onto the felt. Once you get the clip onto the felt you can then close the clip so you can smoosh it easier onto the felt. When I was doing trial and error for the hot glue holding up I would open and close the clip 100's of times and you can tell after about 10 or so times if the glue is not going to hold it will start coming off the felt. The ones I used with WM hot glue sticks has held up throug the 100's of opens and closes. I have not sold a rosette yet, but my daughter wears hers all the time and mine havent come off yet. HTH!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
I line my snap clips first, then attach whatever you want on the lined clips. In your case, you probably want to sew or glue your rosettes to the felt the way you want it, then glue the felt backing to the lined snap clip.
I'd like to try this, but I have to admit I have no idea how to line a snap clip. LOL!!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnbr View Post
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I was wondering the same thing. I have ladies that prefer them on clips as opposed to headbands but the alligator clips leave a bump and you can see the butt if right at the edge.

Lynn
What I've done when I use the alligator clips, is that I partially line them upside down. Then I glue them onto the felt with the flat side. It at least alleviates the bump - it's against your head instead of ruining the way the clip lays. But, I really don't like the hold. For one rosette I'd say it's okay, but when I do three, I'm really wanting to use a snap clip. Hope this might help if you decide to use alligator clips.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:25

Okay, I'm gonna pick up some glue sticks from Walmart - are they Walmart brand or Alleens?

I'm going to give this a try. I think I'll need to practice, not to make a mess of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinaj27 View Post
I use the snap clips as well because I think they look better for the rosettes, dont leave that bump like the alligator clips do. First I made sure that the hot glue I was using was getting a strong enough bond to the felt. I found that the glue sticks at HL dont hold as well and eventually tried the cheap WM ones and they hold the best. I just get the snap clip and open it so that the glue doesnt get on that inside piece, run a line of glue on the entire snap clip (not too much where it will ooze over the edges of the snap clip) and then lay onto the felt. Once you get the clip onto the felt you can then close the clip so you can smoosh it easier onto the felt. When I was doing trial and error for the hot glue holding up I would open and close the clip 100's of times and you can tell after about 10 or so times if the glue is not going to hold it will start coming off the felt. The ones I used with WM hot glue sticks has held up throug the 100's of opens and closes. I have not sold a rosette yet, but my daughter wears hers all the time and mine havent come off yet. HTH!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
I'd like to try this, but I have to admit I have no idea how to line a snap clip. LOL!!
This might help you:

http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com...th-ribbon.html
Old 03-01-2011, 02:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
Okay, I'm gonna pick up some glue sticks from Walmart - are they Walmart brand or Alleens?

I'm going to give this a try. I think I'll need to practice, not to make a mess of it!
The brand that I get at WM is Ad Tech. It is really the best one I have found and the WM here has a value pack available right now if you buy the 100 pack you get 25 glue sticks for free and it is just over $4 for 100. Great buy and great quality glue sticks in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg