Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-27-2011, 12:14

Default Re: Help me please! ? About Spikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Can you take some pics of your steps? Maybe we can figure out where the problem is.

It could be that one technique may not be for you. Sometimes you just need to do some adjusting. I prefer using my woodburner and make slits on the top and bottom for my center ribbon to go through.

I'm trying to picture this, but I'm not following. :/ -It's been a crazy week! Would you mind elaborating or posting pictures please?

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:44

There is a thread in this section of the forums that talks about doing this. I cant remember which one but if you do a search in this part of the forum (search button in How To Help section)...type talk spikes and it should pop up. It is a really long thread but there is a bunch of great tips in there.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:10

I only use my wood burner on spikes! Basically I cut them all then layer them in a single pile, fold in half and put a pin through the middle, unfold and spread out till they get how I want them. I then use my wood burner to melt them together in the middle (2-3 times) and then flip over to the back and cut a slit on the top and bottom. I then glue or stitch all my layers together and wrap with ribbon.. I find that this helps keep the bows from getting to tall and its much faster than stitching and it keeps the spikes flat - Win Win Win for me!

I hope that makes since!

If you have ?s PM me
Old 08-28-2011, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
I only use my wood burner on spikes! Basically I cut them all then layer them in a single pile, fold in half and put a pin through the middle, unfold and spread out till they get how I want them. I then use my wood burner to melt them together in the middle (2-3 times) and then flip over to the back and cut a slit on the top and bottom. I then glue or stitch all my layers together and wrap with ribbon.. I find that this helps keep the bows from getting to tall and its much faster than stitching and it keeps the spikes flat - Win Win Win for me!

I hope that makes since!

If you have ?s PM me
Do you have any pics of the process?? Sounds like this would reall help with the "bulk" in bigger bows.....

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Old 08-28-2011, 06:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabear74 View Post
Do you have any pics of the process?? Sounds like this would reall help with the "bulk" in bigger bows.....
No I sure dont.. Ill try and remember to take pics next time but let me see if this is a little more clear

1. Stack Pre-Cut/heat sealed spikes directly on top of each other so you can only see the top ribbon.

2. Pick up entire stack and fold inhalf

3. Place pin or needle through middle of stack of all spikes

4. fan spikes out to get them to look how you want

5. Use wood burner to melt the layers together in the middle ( I do this with the pin still in it)

6. Flip over so the back of the spikes is face up

7. use wood burner to cut slits in the top and bottom of the middle of the spikes (where they all over lap)(where the center ribbon would go through)
** slits are 1/4" to 1/2" on each side depending on width of ribbon for spikes.

8. glue all pieces together

9. wrap with center ribbon, making sure it goes through the pre-cut slits.

10. Pretty Bow

Hope that made it a little easier. Again PM me if you want pics as I prob wont think to check here again!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:09

Quote:
No I sure dont.. Ill try and remember to take pics next time but let me see if this is a little more clear

1. Stack Pre-Cut/heat sealed spikes directly on top of each other so you can only see the top ribbon.

5. Use wood burner to melt the layers together in the middle ( I do this with the pin still in it)

7. use wood burner to cut slits in the top and bottom of the middle of the spikes (where they all over lap)(where the center ribbon would go through)

10. Pretty Bow

Hope that made it a little easier. Again PM me if you want pics as I prob wont think to check here again!

Thanks so much!

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Old 08-28-2011, 09:41

Quote:

10. Pretty Bow

Are you cutting the slits up & down?!?!? If so, I feel reallllly stupid. I've been thinking that the slits were being cut side to side. LOL!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:50

Slits are cut horizontal. One at the top and one at the bottom.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:12

I'm not understanding the slit thing. I'm with you till then. Pics would be great please.

Nanna
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg