Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Wipes case... questions (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/79021-wipes-case-questions.html)

Yummy_2 02-25-2011 06:15

Wipes case... questions

Hello there!
I`ve looked at a couple posts on wipes cases and you mostly seem to be buying the case themselves at targets.. We don`t have Targets here in canada, where else do you fond them? Could this be done with plastic containers from the dollar store used for pens?
I was also wondering about the glue... in the instructions video I watched they use a hot glue gun... does the glue actually hold pretty well on the plastic? Does it not comme appart when you pull on the fabric?
Can`t wait to get my rosette ribbon and try these!!!!
Last, how much do these run for? (with or without wipes themselves)
MERCI!:smile:

sxybunnyg 02-25-2011 06:49

Re: Wipes case... questions

What about the dollar stores? they don't carry wipe cases?
other than only if you order them online but it might be more expensive you know?

I don't know how the hot glue holds I have only made fabric wipe cases but always use tacky glue ( the brown bottle)
I would like to know also how the hot glue holds I have my rossete ribbon sitting here:smile:

Matt'nNat 02-25-2011 06:52

I use hot glue it bonds just fine. I have seen the rosette cases go from $14.99 to $25. I plan on selling mine for $16-18 depending on embellishments used.

Yummy_2 02-25-2011 07:27

Thank You ladies!
Will go looking for these this weekend while dd is at the ski hill.

laydewlf 02-25-2011 08:07

i use fabrictac. holds strong and bonds quickly. but very thick so its very hard to squeeze it out of the bottle.

Yummy_2 02-25-2011 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by laydewlf (Post 977181)
i use fabrictac. holds strong and bonds quickly. but very thick so its very hard to squeeze it out of the bottle.

What's fabrictac?O_O

BowMamaof4 02-25-2011 08:17

1) I would stick to wipes cases. You can find them at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart...not sure if you have any of those in Canada. You can also find them on eBay.
A) I would not use a pencil case because they are so much bigger. You'd use more ribbon and it's pretty pricey as is.

2) Hot glue works just fine for me. Just make sure you're using high temp glue sticks.

3) Pricing: and I say again...PLEASE price them robustly. Ldelzer did a breakdown on costs and it's generally over $10 JUST for supplies! Let alone your time. If we all keep the prices fair, we won't shortchange the market for these. I sell mine for $25-30 depending on embellishment.

Let me know when you get your ribbon! :smile:

Yummy_2 02-25-2011 08:50

Thanks!!!;;D

laydewlf 02-26-2011 02:25

fabrictac is a really good/strong fabric glue. i wouldn't know what it might be called in canada or if they have anything similar. i personally switched from hot glue because i was burning the snot out of fingers. went to a craft show with 2 blistered fingers. that was not fun to try to set up with.

Tobylee 02-26-2011 10:50

In Canada you can get them at walmart , zellers (which is soon to be target), superstore