new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/sweetestcupcake.gif
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale-150.jpg
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-24-2011, 07:37

Default Headbands that aren't elastic!

Hi all.

So I got a few requests from parents at the local swim clubs to make swim team hair stuff. But, many said the FOE/skinny doesn't stay in the kids hair, and want hard headbands. I ordered a few plastic ones to make braided hbs a while ago and found that they didn't fit well.

What other ideas are out there for hbs??Any tuts, videos, links would be much appreciated...

mylittlenuggets.etsy.com, Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 07:44

Default Re: Headbands that aren't elastic!

Anyone know how to make these?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/42874263...facet=handmade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobee13 View Post
Hi all.

So I got a few requests from parents at the local swim clubs to make swim team hair stuff. But, many said the FOE/skinny doesn't stay in the kids hair, and want hard headbands. I ordered a few plastic ones to make braided hbs a while ago and found that they didn't fit well.

What other ideas are out there for hbs??Any tuts, videos, links would be much appreciated...

Old 02-24-2011, 08:43

Just looks like she put woven ribbon/embellishment and velvet sewn together with a piece of elastic sew to the two ends.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59

Cut two pieces of ribbon to size needed. Use one of the thicker pony tail holders and cut it two. Sew the long sides of the ribbon together. Fold under "short" ends of ribbon and place one end of cut pony tail holder in between the folded ribbon on each side. Sew straight across short ends. This may be as "clear as mud", but hopefully it helps!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veree View Post
Cut two pieces of ribbon to size needed. Use one of the thicker pony tail holders and cut it two. Sew the long sides of the ribbon together. Fold under "short" ends of ribbon and place one end of cut pony tail holder in between the folded ribbon on each side. Sew straight across short ends. This may be as "clear as mud", but hopefully it helps!

Yep that is what I thought too!!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:27

t/you . . . was wondering what the "special ribbon" was in her description
Old 02-28-2011, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
t/you . . . was wondering what the "special ribbon" was in her description
I was about to say that it was probably velvet and when I went back and read the description, she says that it is lined with velvet.
She probably glued a little strip of velvet ribbon on the underside to keep it from slipping.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veree View Post
I've been sitting here with ribbon trying to walk thru your description. I'm a picture person, so I'm going to try real hard to make this work.

Any other ideas on types of headbands besides elastic? I guess I could use metal ones and line with 7/8" ribbon and sew edges together eh?

Sponsored Links

hip girl boutique forum banner hair-hardware.com