Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-24-2011, 01:26

Default bows with marabou

Does anybody know where i can find a tutorial on how to attatch marabou onto a bow? ive tried looking on google and youtube and had no luck! thanks ladies
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 02-24-2011, 03:41

Default Re: bows with marabou

do you have a pic of what you are looking for, I do it in several different types of bows
Old 02-25-2011, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
do you have a pic of what you are looking for, I do it in several different types of bows
in a boutique bow mainly. something like this (FOUND THIS LINK ON GOOGLE)

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/big-...ndivas-on-etsy
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36

You have a couple of options, you can make a figure 8 out of marabou or take a couple of marabou puffs and place the marabou on top of your spikes layer.

Good luck!

Old 02-25-2011, 03:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
You have a couple of options, you can make a figure 8 out of marabou or take a couple of marabou puffs and place the marabou on top of your spikes layer.

Good luck!
what can i do so the marabou doesnt get all over? im thinkin the puffs would be better because it wouldnt use so much marabou like a figure 8 would?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_to_2 View Post
what can i do so the marabou doesnt get all over? im thinkin the puffs would be better because it wouldnt use so much marabou like a figure 8 would?
If you're using a strand tape where you're going to cut it prevents a mess.....and I always hot glue the ends of my marabou so that they don't come apart while on the bow I usually just make puffs to put on...hth

---Cassie
Old 02-25-2011, 01:57

I have done a couple of orders that requested marabou be in the bows or flowers. I just bought the marabou at HL, but the desired length, glued the ends together placed on the layer I wanted it on and stiched a couple of times through the rope part of the marabou to hold it in place and then put the rest of te bow on top of the marabou. I have heard of people gluing the marabou down, but I personally didnt like all the mess with doing it that way. Lol. I think the marabou puffs would be cheaper and easier if you were planning on doing a bunch. I was in a rush for an order so just bought my marabou at HL and havent used it since that one order. lol.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinaj27 View Post
I have done a couple of orders that requested marabou be in the bows or flowers. I just bought the marabou at HL, but the desired length, glued the ends together placed on the layer I wanted it on and stiched a couple of times through the rope part of the marabou to hold it in place and then put the rest of te bow on top of the marabou. I have heard of people gluing the marabou down, but I personally didnt like all the mess with doing it that way. Lol. I think the marabou puffs would be cheaper and easier if you were planning on doing a bunch. I was in a rush for an order so just bought my marabou at HL and havent used it since that one order. lol.
This is how I do it also. I do buy my marabou at HL though and cut it and make my own puffs.....
Old 02-25-2011, 10:02

yeah i have the strands of marabou!. what do the marabou puffs look like, do you use 1 puff per bow?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:05

I would make the puff by curling in the marabou and then glue the end piece down but the figure 8 idea is great.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg