Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Braided tutu waistband (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/78743-braided-tutu-waistband.html)

mommyto2divas 02-23-2011 08:26

Braided tutu waistband

I thought that i've seen a tutorial for sale on here of the braided tutu waistband. I guess i'm going crazy! I've searched and can't find anything. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial for a braided waistband?? Thanks ladies!

Like this waistband.....

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...ella-tutu.html

KayeLle 02-24-2011 04:29

Re: Braided tutu waistband

just do the same briad as on a headband on the tutu making sure you go. Hope that heals, thats how I do it.

Handmadebyjen 02-24-2011 04:50

wow! i would love to know how to do that too. i can understand to braid it like the woven headband, but how to attach tutu to that once it is done without messing it up, or which should be done first????

KayeLle 02-24-2011 04:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handmadebyjen (Post 974977)
wow! i would love to know how to do that too. i can understand to braid it like the woven headband, but how to attach tutu to that once it is done without messing it up, or which should be done first????

you braid it around the elastic, treat the elastic like the headband.
does that make sense?

mommyto2divas 02-24-2011 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayeLle (Post 974947)
just do the same briad as on a headband on the tutu making sure you go. Hope that heals, thats how I do it.

Thank you! I've never tried the braided woven headbands before, but i'll have to try it for the tutu and see how it turns out. I'm guessing that you make the tutu first and then go back in to braid the waistband?

KayeLle 02-24-2011 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyto2divas (Post 975158)
Thank you! I've never tried the braided woven headbands before, but i'll have to try it for the tutu and see how it turns out. I'm guessing that you make the tutu first and then go back in to braid the waistband?

yes it isn't very hard once you get the rythm but you do need to go over after pulling all the skirt strips down (sorry don't nknow how to explain better then that I think.

mommyto2divas 02-24-2011 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayeLle (Post 975375)
yes it isn't very hard once you get the rythm but you do need to go over after pulling all the skirt strips down (sorry don't nknow how to explain better then that I think.

Thank you so much for your help! :smile: Hopefully i'll be able to get it. lol

KayeLle 02-24-2011 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyto2divas (Post 975501)
Thank you so much for your help! :smile: Hopefully i'll be able to get it. lol

I hope so and goodluck...

Handmadebyjen 02-24-2011 09:43

Thanks for the tips! I am going to try it too! If I figure it out & can give any more tips I will be sure to share.

bemoonstruck2 02-25-2011 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayeLle (Post 975375)
yes it isn't very hard once you get the rythm but you do need to go over after pulling all the skirt strips down (sorry don\'t nknow how to explain better then that I think.

So once you make the tutu, you braid what colors you want along the waistband and then just like sew the ends together? I normally wrap ribbon around mine but this looks so pretty I want to try one. Would you add a bow to cover the ends of the braid?