Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-22-2011, 05:30

Default criss cross tutu (copyright?)

hello all i have seen a criss cross tutu - i love them and have been asked to make one similar but not the same as a prop for a photographer. but not sure about copyrights - not sure if the lady who owns it is on here or not to confirm this? but this is the company any help on if i can move forward with this order wud be much appreciated thank u
dont wana upset anyone or tread on any toes

http://www.facebook.com/kelly.wythe#...ry/45095667275
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36

Default Re: criss cross tutu (copyright?)

those are beautiful but sorry no help on the copyright
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15

they can't copyright it cause its a clothing item, they can copyright the instructions of how to make it but not the actual making of it, there are lots of people out there that make these!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
hello all i have seen a criss cross tutu - i love them and have been asked to make one similar but not the same as a prop for a photographer. but not sure about copyrights - not sure if the lady who owns it is on here or not to confirm this? but this is the company any help on if i can move forward with this order wud be much appreciated thank u
dont wana upset anyone or tread on any toes

http://www.facebook.com/kelly.wythe#!/pages/Abbys-TuTu-Factory/45095667275

She does stunning work! There is not even a copyright on the instructions anywhere at least not 6 months ago. My husband and I looked into this as there were a few people claiming that there was a copyright. You can ask the Copyright Office to search its records, which we did. Also, you can search the "Catalog of Copyright Entries". Which we've also done. You might want to check again since it has been 6 months since we've checked. Let us know what you find, if you decide to HTH. Also, if anyone claims to have a copyright, they should be able and willing to provide you with the information regarding such. Also I know not long ago Abby was selling her images of her criss cross tutus to other boutique owners to use on their sites. She stated at one point, "If you can't beat them, join them and make some money while at it". So she is aware and has accepted that she is not the only one creating these anymore.

Last edited by Tinkerbell5; 02-22-2011 at 03:16.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:40

This is written--
"Abby's TuTu Factory's signature criss cross tutus are being copied more and more by online boutiques. I have been sent many photos and websites of ppl stealing my designs. These designs are protected by copyright. I have created this folder of all my most popular criss cross tutus."

at the bottom of this page.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:52

do a search on here for tutu mafia... this was a big deal a several months ago. My understanding you can not copyright a tutu.. You can copyright the name of her tutu, but not her actual tutu. So go ahead make it!!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:39

you can only copyright the instructions that you write out but not the actual design....so funny that you just posted this because after i finish with my zebra tutus i was going to start making these .
and no i didnt see the page on FB till now, but i have seen them in other places.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:09

wow varied results! lol
elly i love that zebra tutu ! well done - are the ends just pettis - if you dont mind me asking?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
wow varied results! lol
elly i love that zebra tutu ! well done - are the ends just pettis - if you dont mind me asking?

lol...i have no idea what pettis is so i think my answer is a no...lol
i am currently working on a tuturioal for it and will be selling it for $3
Old 02-23-2011, 10:18

also i have seen the weaved tutu dress (weaved at the top part) any one know how to do this? r where i cud search tutorials?x
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies