Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-02-2011, 08:36

Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alopez View Post
I haven't tried flip flops yet, but I just started using double sided tape to line clips and I thought someone mentioned during the buy that they used it to line flip flop straps.
Well, I have to say that is one thing I haven't yet tried ~ thanks alopez! Maybe I'll try tape on one of the pairs I have left to see if it works (because if it did, that'd be fabulous!)
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35

sooo sorry to hear that maxine - i had such high hopes for the f/flop glue!

one last suggestion - maybe you should try this approach . . . http://www.hiddengarments.cn/?p=2039
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
sooo sorry to hear that maxine - i had such high hopes for the f/flop glue!

one last suggestion - maybe you should try this approach . . . http://www.hiddengarments.cn/?p=2039
LoL!

I had high hopes for the flip flop glue as well But, if I had to rate it against the other 2 I used, it would come in 3rd overall. Both E6000 and Loctite held better.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03

Hey Girl...how are things with you? Miss chatting with you. I haven't been here much in ages!!! I am so far behind on everything.
I have several pair of flip flops I need to get done...but this year I want to do the glued down ribbon and not the wrapped...just bought new E6000 so I'm hoping for no problems...no telling when I'll get to them...I have no inventory to speak of and I'm working on little girl's purses at the moment (or that's what I'm supposed to be doing ) Hair accessories to follow, I hope. I'll have to check out your Group Buys (like I need more supplies ).
Let me know if you try and have success with the flip flops.

Hugs,
Diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
Man I have probably 100 ON flip flops in totes right now (really good deal). This is why I haven't sat down and messed with them yet. I hope you can get it figured out...one day.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Crafts View Post
Hey Girl...how are things with you? Miss chatting with you. I haven't been here much in ages!!! I am so far behind on everything.
I have several pair of flip flops I need to get done...but this year I want to do the glued down ribbon and not the wrapped...just bought new E6000 so I'm hoping for no problems...no telling when I'll get to them...I have no inventory to speak of and I'm working on little girl's purses at the moment (or that's what I'm supposed to be doing ) Hair accessories to follow, I hope. I'll have to check out your Group Buys (like I need more supplies ).
Let me know if you try and have success with the flip flops.

Hugs,
Diane
Have you read this thread yet? If you do, you'll see what I went through. It might be of some help to you (hopefully you'll be more successful!)
Old 03-25-2011, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Thanks so much girls! I appreciate all your advice I bought the shoes yesterday and I hope to get started on them today!

Queenbow, those are adorable! I love the yellow

lilsbox, I have no idea yet. I'm going to play around with them today and see what I come up with
Maxine, I saw the pictures of your flip flops, and they were adorable! How many korker ribbons did you use? The bows look so nice and full!
I'd love to make some of these for my granddaughter. I'm new at this bow stuff. We had boys and now have 2 girls in the family, and I'm going bow crazy! hahahah
Old 03-25-2011, 04:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamclain View Post
Maxine, I saw the pictures of your flip flops, and they were adorable! How many korker ribbons did you use? The bows look so nice and full!
I'd love to make some of these for my granddaughter. I'm new at this bow stuff. We had boys and now have 2 girls in the family, and I'm going bow crazy! hahahah
Hi Donna, welcome to hipgirls!!

Thanks for your sweet compliments, I appreciate it I use at least 40 pieces per bow. I really love making korkers!

I'd love to see pics of yours when you're done
Old 03-25-2011, 08:43

I would love to know how to hold them onto a shoe as well. I want to make some!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclements73 View Post
I zip tie mine and they work out fine along with lots of e6000 and hot glue and anything else I can get my hands on....lol here is a pic of mine.....
http://www.babycakebowtique.com/item...Flip-Flops.htm
What do you put "under" the korker? Is it another bow, or just strips, or ????
Old 04-05-2011, 12:08

I made some ON toddler flops for my daughter last year and had a HORRIBLE time as well. I tried everything i could think of to get the korkers to stick. I even tried sewing them through the straps...which didn't work. lol Eventually I ended up doing ribbon loops and a clip on the korkers. It was really a pain. I just got her 2 new pairs out today to start working on and I thought "This is going to be fun..." I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that had trouble with the toddler ones!! (.../sorry you had trouble as well. lol) Here's hoping they aren't as much trouble as they were last year!!
Sponsored Links