New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-01-2011, 09:45

Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veree View Post
Bless your heart! Please, please share when you come up with a solution. I don't want to run into that problem if I do the toddler flip flops! LOL
I sure will Veree!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:55

Ok, I reglued the ribbon onto the top of the straps. I used the flip flop glue which is my last resort.

I'm going to let it dry overnight and I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked. Keep your fingers crossed for me please lol (I did add more clothespins after I took this pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pics 004c.jpg (36.2 KB, 71 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 08:09

I've been wanting to start doing flip flops so this was a great thread to read! I've never had success using e600 with anything. All I ever end up with is a giant mess. The glue won't stop coming out of the tube and the stuff takes a lifetime to dry. Maybe I'll give it a try for flip flops.

Maxine, how did you make yours interchangeable?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwolfer View Post
I've been wanting to start doing flip flops so this was a great thread to read! I've never had success using e600 with anything. All I ever end up with is a giant mess. The glue won't stop coming out of the tube and the stuff takes a lifetime to dry. Maybe I'll give it a try for flip flops.

Maxine, how did you make yours interchangeable?
E6000 is a nightmare glue for me too but it *does* hold. The only problem really has been these flip flops.

To make them interchangeable I just made some ribbon loops and glued them on.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
E6000 is a nightmare glue for me too but it *does* hold. The only problem really has been these flip flops.

To make them interchangeable I just made some ribbon loops and glued them on.
Maxine....I know you struggle with the E6000. Maybe you have a bad tube or the place you buy it from is an old/bad shipment. I remember some of the girls having issues a year or 2 ago. Try a different place to purchase a tube and see if it makes any difference.

Good Luck!

Donna N.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:19

Thanks Donna I plan on buying another tube eventually, but maybe I'll get it at Lowe's rather than JoAnns.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:27

Well, for those of you who have been following along in this thread, I'm done with this pair of flip flops.

My results?

E6000 = did not work to hold the ribbon to the straps
Loctite adhesive = did not work to hold the ribbon to the straps
Special Flip Flop glue = did not work to hold the ribbon to the straps

So, I added the korkers and took a pic so you can all see how they turned out. What I will most likely do is rip the ribbon back off from the straps and just leave the green ribbon on down around the soles.

Now, I'm not saying everyone will encounter this same problem. It could be just a bad pair of ON flip flops. But I will say that they are extremely flexible and that could be contributing to the ooze factor.

But, as I said, I'm done with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pics 001cc.jpg (367.9 KB, 86 views)
Old 03-02-2011, 04:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
Man I have probably 100 ON flip flops in totes right now (really good deal). This is why I haven't sat down and messed with them yet. I hope you can get it figured out...one day.
Julia, I don't think I'm ever going to try it this way again. All I wanted was the ribbon on the "top" of the strap but, as I said up above, nothing would hold it.

I guess if you have regular flip flops (no back strap), you can still wrap them without any problems.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
LOL, well at least you tried. I haven't even messed with it yet. I've had those suckers for awhile now.
Well, I'm only making 6 pairs and then I'm done! lol
Old 03-02-2011, 06:27

I haven't tried flip flops yet, but I just started using double sided tape to line clips and I thought someone mentioned during the buy that they used it to line flip flop straps.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies