http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-28-2011, 12:38

Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Someone once told me they use zipties to secure bows on the flip flops.. Wonder if you can use the tiny zip ties for korkers too?
It's not the korkers I'm having trouble with (but thanks for your suggestion ) I'm having trouble attaching ribbon to the top of the straps.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
It's not the korkers I'm having trouble with (but thanks for your suggestion ) I'm having trouble attaching ribbon to the top of the straps.
I normally use E6000 and then use clips to hold it down for a day.. seems to work well for me.. I don't like to wrap the ribbon around the straps bc it's a pia, I like to use 7/8 ddr.. like these.

On the rag flops do you just double knot?? I want mine to be fuller, so I guess I'd just use tons of fabric strips.. I'll try that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flopspinktealSMALL.jpg (17.4 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by EmileeDesigns; 02-28-2011 at 01:48.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
I normally use E6000 and then use clips to hold it down for a day.. seems to work well for me.. I don't like to wrap the ribbon around the straps bc it's a pia, I like to use 7/8 ddr.. like these.

On the rag flops do you just double knot?? I want mine to be fuller, so I guess I'd just use tons of fabric strips.. I'll try that!
Yep, I tried E6000.. didn't hold (even with clips and 30+ hours of curing time).

Do you have a bigger pic to see? They look great though!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:26

okay maxine - rap my knuckles but i forgot which thread i said i'd post a pic!

here's your waterproof korkers - these are ones i made ahem years ago . . . haven't found a suitable gimp that's thick enough & is as durable as what they sold eons ago.

i'm still looking . . . and won't give up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gimp korkers.jpg (101.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 02-28-2011, 07:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
okay maxine - rap my knuckles but i forgot which thread i said i'd post a pic!

here's your waterproof korkers - these are ones i made ahem years ago . . . haven't found a suitable gimp that's thick enough & is as durable as what they sold eons ago.

i'm still looking . . . and won't give up!
LoL! You make me laugh pr Your waterproof korkers are cute! What can you do with them though? Are they just for shoes or something like that?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:50

fewf . . . just finished posting 3 pics - do i get a gold star?

i use them like regular korkers . . . and sometimes i also make a skinny ribbon bow and attach both to the centers of bows (kinda like the funky bows but my base is gathered ribbon that i zig zag back & forth. they are just the same as korkers/used the same way. i like to try different stuff other than just ribbon.

oh crap, you're probably gonna want another pic of what it looks like!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
fewf . . . just finished posting 3 pics - do i get a gold star?

i use them like regular korkers . . . and sometimes i also make a skinny ribbon bow and attach both to the centers of bows (kinda like the funky bows but my base is gathered ribbon that i zig zag back & forth. they are just the same as korkers/used the same way.

oh crap, you're probably gonna want another pic of what it looks like!
LOL! You made me laugh out loud!

I'd love to see a pic (pretty please?)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:11

Quote:
Yep, I tried E6000.. didn't hold (even with clips and 30+ hours of curing time).
Did you put the E6000 on the ribbon and the strap? Usually I have to put it on both and then let it sit for about 5 minutes before putting the ribbon on the strap (I also use a clothespin to hold it until the next day).
Try that and see if it works for you.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veree View Post
Did you put the E6000 on the ribbon and the strap? Usually I have to put it on both and then let it sit for about 5 minutes before putting the ribbon on the strap (I also use a clothespin to hold it until the next day).
Try that and see if it works for you.
Yep, I sure did. I spread it out on the back of the ribbon and then put an additional bead of glue on top of the strap itself. I used clothespins to hold it down for over 30+ hours.

I have a few other ideas I'm going to try but I'm really beginning to think it's the shoe itself (the oozing factor pr talked about).
Old 03-01-2011, 09:30

Quote:
Yep, I sure did. I spread it out on the back of the ribbon and then put an additional bead of glue on top of the strap itself. I used clothespins to hold it down for over 30+ hours.

I have a few other ideas I'm going to try but I'm really beginning to think it's the shoe itself (the oozing factor pr talked about).

Bless your heart! Please, please share when you come up with a solution. I don't want to run into that problem if I do the toddler flip flops! LOL
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults