New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 05:32
mlhardison1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,859
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
I know this is kind of an old thread...... but I really don't want to start a new thread since my question is along the same topic that everyone has been discussing here.

So.... I am sitting her frantically searching for tips about DRR ribbon peeling off flip flops.............. because it is now summer and I made some for DD and they are peeling off~!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used hot glue. The front point especially.... it is coming off. Used more glue, and it still came off.

Has anyone found a solution for gluing DRR on flip flops yet? I am going to go buy some E6000. Does anyone know if I can use the E6000 on top of the hot glue? Or are the ribbons on these pairs wasted now?

Edit: These are not Old Navy shoes... they are from JoAnns and Michaels....
HOt glue will not stick to the flip flops. I only use E6000. So far no problem with mine coming off. I have used ON and HL flip flops. HTH
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 05:50
PrincessBel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 889
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoode2u View Post
What size DRR ribbon on you use? 5/8? 7/8?

I use the 7/8". The 3/8" will fit nicely in the center.
__________________

My Etsy My Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 05:51
PrincessBel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 889
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
HOt glue will not stick to the flip flops. I only use E6000. So far no problem with mine coming off. I have used ON and HL flip flops. HTH

THanks! Sent DH to Walmart to get some.
__________________

My Etsy My Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

E6000 never did work for me on the ON pairs of flip flops I had. All the ribbon I used on the straps peeled away.

I wish you much better luck! Let us know how it worked out for you, ok?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2011, 05:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
E6000 never did work for me on the ON pairs of flip flops I had. All the ribbon I used on the straps peeled away.

I wish you much better luck! Let us know how it worked out for you, ok?
i still can't find the zap a gap glue that someone else mentioned that works great on oily surfaces . . . but i did find another idea -- throw away the glue & try this!

http://www.themotherhuddle.com/tutor...#comment-35979

edit . . . oops - scroll up to the top of the page
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2011, 05:22
PrincessBel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 889
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
E6000 never did work for me on the ON pairs of flip flops I had. All the ribbon I used on the straps peeled away.

I wish you much better luck! Let us know how it worked out for you, ok?


E6000 worked for me!!!!!!! I peeled back the ribbon from the V point, and just smeared E6000 on the rubber straps. The dried hot glue is still on the ribbon. I left it overnight, and this morning when I tested it, the ribbon did not peel off!
__________________

My Etsy My Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #117 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
E6000 worked for me!!!!!!! I peeled back the ribbon from the V point, and just smeared E6000 on the rubber straps. The dried hot glue is still on the ribbon. I left it overnight, and this morning when I tested it, the ribbon did not peel off!
I'm happy for you All of mine eventually peeled away from the straps. The ON shoes I had kept oozing something (they had a very strong smell) and after awhile, all the ribbon was off of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16
Tess9737's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,168
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

The one trick I've found with E6000 is applying constant pressure while it cures. So when I put bows on my flip-flops, I use clothespins to hold it in place with pressure. That makes a big difference in how the E6000 holds for me.
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
The one trick I've found with E6000 is applying constant pressure while it cures. So when I put bows on my flip-flops, I use clothespins to hold it in place with pressure. That makes a big difference in how the E6000 holds for me.
Hi Tess

Yes, I did apply constant pressure as it cured (see other posts in this thread for more details). Clothespins, spring form clips.. all sorts of pressure. It didn't matter, the glue did not hold the ribbon to the shoe

I chalked it up to a bad batch of shoes. I don't have any plans to make others, so it was more just a learning experience in the end.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30
Tess9737's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,168
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Hi Tess

Yes, I did apply constant pressure as it cured (see other posts in this thread for more details). Clothespins, spring form clips.. all sorts of pressure. It didn't matter, the glue did not hold the ribbon to the shoe

I chalked it up to a bad batch of shoes. I don't have any plans to make others, so it was more just a learning experience in the end.
I didn't read back very far, sorry!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger