New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-26-2011, 05:32

Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
I know this is kind of an old thread...... but I really don't want to start a new thread since my question is along the same topic that everyone has been discussing here.

So.... I am sitting her frantically searching for tips about DRR ribbon peeling off flip flops.............. because it is now summer and I made some for DD and they are peeling off~!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used hot glue. The front point especially.... it is coming off. Used more glue, and it still came off.

Has anyone found a solution for gluing DRR on flip flops yet? I am going to go buy some E6000. Does anyone know if I can use the E6000 on top of the hot glue? Or are the ribbons on these pairs wasted now?

Edit: These are not Old Navy shoes... they are from JoAnns and Michaels....
HOt glue will not stick to the flip flops. I only use E6000. So far no problem with mine coming off. I have used ON and HL flip flops. HTH
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 06-26-2011, 05:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoode2u View Post
What size DRR ribbon on you use? 5/8? 7/8?

I use the 7/8". The 3/8" will fit nicely in the center.

My Etsy My Facebook
Old 06-26-2011, 05:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
HOt glue will not stick to the flip flops. I only use E6000. So far no problem with mine coming off. I have used ON and HL flip flops. HTH

THanks! Sent DH to Walmart to get some.

My Etsy My Facebook
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40

E6000 never did work for me on the ON pairs of flip flops I had. All the ribbon I used on the straps peeled away.

I wish you much better luck! Let us know how it worked out for you, ok?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
E6000 never did work for me on the ON pairs of flip flops I had. All the ribbon I used on the straps peeled away.

i still can't find the zap a gap glue that someone else mentioned that works great on oily surfaces . . . but i did find another idea -- throw away the glue & try this!

http://www.themotherhuddle.com/tutor...#comment-35979

edit . . . oops - scroll up to the top of the page
Old 06-28-2011, 05:22

Quote:

E6000 worked for me!!!!!!! I peeled back the ribbon from the V point, and just smeared E6000 on the rubber straps. The dried hot glue is still on the ribbon. I left it overnight, and this morning when I tested it, the ribbon did not peel off!

My Etsy My Facebook
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
E6000 worked for me!!!!!!! I peeled back the ribbon from the V point, and just smeared E6000 on the rubber straps. The dried hot glue is still on the ribbon. I left it overnight, and this morning when I tested it, the ribbon did not peel off!
I'm happy for you All of mine eventually peeled away from the straps. The ON shoes I had kept oozing something (they had a very strong smell) and after awhile, all the ribbon was off of them.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16

The one trick I've found with E6000 is applying constant pressure while it cures. So when I put bows on my flip-flops, I use clothespins to hold it in place with pressure. That makes a big difference in how the E6000 holds for me.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
The one trick I've found with E6000 is applying constant pressure while it cures. So when I put bows on my flip-flops, I use clothespins to hold it in place with pressure. That makes a big difference in how the E6000 holds for me.
Hi Tess

Yes, I did apply constant pressure as it cured (see other posts in this thread for more details). Clothespins, spring form clips.. all sorts of pressure. It didn't matter, the glue did not hold the ribbon to the shoe

I chalked it up to a bad batch of shoes. I don't have any plans to make others, so it was more just a learning experience in the end.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30

Quote:
Hi Tess

Yes, I did apply constant pressure as it cured (see other posts in this thread for more details). Clothespins, spring form clips.. all sorts of pressure. It didn't matter, the glue did not hold the ribbon to the shoe

I chalked it up to a bad batch of shoes. I don't have any plans to make others, so it was more just a learning experience in the end.
I didn't read back very far, sorry!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg