new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2011, 02:05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 407
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:27
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronandChristopher View Post
Thanks!!!!
You're welcome

Looking forward to seeing a pic when you're done
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

had to go into the bowels of prior pages to find this thread . . . i refuse to give up on your f/flops maxine!


just got this in my inbox this a.m. wonder if this tape will work???????

flip flop pic/instructions: http://www.favecrafts.com/Shoes/Rainbow-Flip-Flops/ml/1

treasure tape that's referred to in the above instructions: http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/home.php?cat=284

Last edited by prleaf; 04-27-2011 at 07:20.
Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2011, 07:25
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
had to go into the bowels of prior pages to find this thread . . . i refuse to give up on your f/flops maxine!


just got this in my inbox this a.m. wonder if this tape will work???????

flip flop pic/instructions: http://www.favecrafts.com/Shoes/Rainbow-Flip-Flops/ml/1

treasure tape that's referred to in the above instructions: http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/home.php?cat=284
I admire your tenacity pr! But, I truly have given up. The ON shoes I got were horrible (no way to sugar coat it).

That tape looks interesting though. You're very resourceful!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 03:51
PrincessBel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 889
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

I know this is kind of an old thread...... but I really don't want to start a new thread since my question is along the same topic that everyone has been discussing here.

So.... I am sitting her frantically searching for tips about DRR ribbon peeling off flip flops.............. because it is now summer and I made some for DD and they are peeling off~!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used hot glue. The front point especially.... it is coming off. Used more glue, and it still came off.

Has anyone found a solution for gluing DRR on flip flops yet? I am going to go buy some E6000. Does anyone know if I can use the E6000 on top of the hot glue? Or are the ribbons on these pairs wasted now?

Edit: These are not Old Navy shoes... they are from JoAnns and Michaels....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06824a.jpg (53.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06841a.jpg (44.9 KB, 17 views)
__________________

My Etsy My Facebook

Last edited by PrincessBel; 06-26-2011 at 03:53.
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:09
nauticasmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 1,493
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

I used hot glue on a pair of ON flipflops and within 2 weeks the DRR peeled off, since then I have used the E6000 and have had no problems with peeling, they seem pretty secure
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
I know this is kind of an old thread...... but I really don't want to start a new thread since my question is along the same topic that everyone has been discussing here.

So.... I am sitting her frantically searching for tips about DRR ribbon peeling off flip flops.............. because it is now summer and I made some for DD and they are peeling off~!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used hot glue. The front point especially.... it is coming off. Used more glue, and it still came off.

Has anyone found a solution for gluing DRR on flip flops yet? I am going to go buy some E6000. Does anyone know if I can use the E6000 on top of the hot glue? Or are the ribbons on these pairs wasted now?

Edit: These are not Old Navy shoes... they are from JoAnns and Michaels....
Reply With Quote
  #107 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:10
nauticasmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 1,493
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Btw, I LOVE these!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
I know this is kind of an old thread...... but I really don't want to start a new thread since my question is along the same topic that everyone has been discussing here.

So.... I am sitting her frantically searching for tips about DRR ribbon peeling off flip flops.............. because it is now summer and I made some for DD and they are peeling off~!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used hot glue. The front point especially.... it is coming off. Used more glue, and it still came off.

Has anyone found a solution for gluing DRR on flip flops yet? I am going to go buy some E6000. Does anyone know if I can use the E6000 on top of the hot glue? Or are the ribbons on these pairs wasted now?

Edit: These are not Old Navy shoes... they are from JoAnns and Michaels....
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:19
PrincessBel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 889
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautibows View Post
I used hot glue on a pair of ON flipflops and within 2 weeks the DRR peeled off, since then I have used the E6000 and have had no problems with peeling, they seem pretty secure
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautibows View Post
Btw, I LOVE these!!!!!

Thanks!!

So did you use the same ribbon that has the hot glue on them? OR did you use fresh ribbon? I am wondering if I used E6000 on the hot glue, would it have a bad chemical reaction?
__________________

My Etsy My Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:28
nauticasmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 1,493
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

I tried new ribbon on the flip flops, not sure about the chem reaction because the staps were completely stripped of hot glue when they peeled off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
Thanks!!

So did you use the same ribbon that has the hot glue on them? OR did you use fresh ribbon? I am wondering if I used E6000 on the hot glue, would it have a bad chemical reaction?
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 963
Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

What size DRR ribbon on you use? 5/8? 7/8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBel View Post
I know this is kind of an old thread...... but I really don't want to start a new thread since my question is along the same topic that everyone has been discussing here.

So.... I am sitting her frantically searching for tips about DRR ribbon peeling off flip flops.............. because it is now summer and I made some for DD and they are peeling off~!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used hot glue. The front point especially.... it is coming off. Used more glue, and it still came off.

Has anyone found a solution for gluing DRR on flip flops yet? I am going to go buy some E6000. Does anyone know if I can use the E6000 on top of the hot glue? Or are the ribbons on these pairs wasted now?

Edit: These are not Old Navy shoes... they are from JoAnns and Michaels....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger