ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-05-2011, 08:56

Default Re: Korkers on flip flops?

I definitely believe there is something odd about the flip flops from ON this year. At least, the batch I have.

I put them in a drawer in Christine's room. Every time I open the drawer, an *intense* plastic smell emanates up through the room. I mean, it is STRONG. I'm going to have to take them out and store them in the garage.

The ribbon that I put on the sides of the shoe with E6000? All pulled away. On it's own.

No, I'm not making any more flip flops from ON. Not for a while. I'll try some other brands but no more from there. Something is definitely different about these shoes... and not in a good way.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-09-2011, 12:13

I agree the ON flip flops are very different this year. I have some from last year and it seems like the straps are much much thicker and slicker this year...if that makes any sense at all. I glued some military braids on some for DD..(with e6 ) and now a month out they are pulling away. I just reglued in some spots w/hot glue to see how they do.

Very irritating..at least I only made some for DD i'd hate to of sold some and had this happen.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:29

Did you guys have any trouble w/ it pulling away from the soles? I think they are cute even w/o covering the straps.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:10

sorry to hear that some of you are having such a hard time with the ON flops....this is my first year that i started to doing flip flops and so far so good (fingers crossed) but for the korkers themself i have been using the same piece of ribbon that i tie the korker with to tie around the flop and tie off, i also put some hot glue on before tying the korker to it and they seem to be real sturdy like this...and for the regular bows i have been adding e6000 in the middle and hot glue on the sides
Old 04-09-2011, 06:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
I agree the ON flip flops are very different this year. I have some from last year and it seems like the straps are much much thicker and slicker this year...if that makes any sense at all. I glued some military braids on some for DD..(with e6 ) and now a month out they are pulling away. I just reglued in some spots w/hot glue to see how they do.

Very irritating..at least I only made some for DD i'd hate to of sold some and had this happen.
It's been a horrible experience for me with the ON shoes All the ribbon started pulling away even thought most of the shoes were in the drawer... never having been worn. A few days ago, I took them from the garage (I had to move them due to the strong plastic smell) and looked at them again. They're essentially useless as a decorated flip flop because the ribbon has pulled away. The korkers, however, have no problems whatsoever (thank goodness). In fact, Christine wore them in her kiddie pool and they still looked great when they dried out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronandChristopher View Post
Did you guys have any trouble w/ it pulling away from the soles? I think they are cute even w/o covering the straps.
Yes. It pulled away from there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
sorry to hear that some of you are having such a hard time with the ON flops....this is my first year that i started to doing flip flops and so far so good (fingers crossed) but for the korkers themself i have been using the same piece of ribbon that i tie the korker with to tie around the flop and tie off, i also put some hot glue on before tying the korker to it and they seem to be real sturdy like this...and for the regular bows i have been adding e6000 in the middle and hot glue on the sides
I haven't had any problems with the korkers. Even after going in the pool, they still look as fresh as when I first made them.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:47

Thanks,

this is a great idea!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:43

Im going to have to try this maybe as gifts
Old 04-12-2011, 09:21

I use zip ties to attach big bows to my dogs collar lol I just cover the nub with the center knot... Does that make sense? Its always really cute, she is a 90lb Lab so she doesn't exactly have the type hair I can put them in, so we do the collar.

Melissa
Old 04-15-2011, 01:44

So what flip flops are you guys using since the ON seem to not work this year?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronandChristopher View Post
So what flip flops are you guys using since the ON seem to not work this year?
I'm not going to make anymore because the ON ones were such a failure. What I eventually wound up doing was just attaching the korkers to the shoes and no other ribbon.

You can try flip flops from Target, Walmart, etc. and see if they work for you.