New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-21-2011, 02:31

Default one more bottle cap question and then i should have it mastered! lol

Ok so I use modge podge to put my image on the bottle cap, wait for it to dry then I take a syringe and put on et lite...LOVE HOW THEY COME OUT! But now my problem is, is sometimes when my et lite is drying on my caps the moisture gets in the image so on some of them the edges all the way around look wet (and when the et lite drys it doesn't go away its just perminate.) I am using kodak photo paper that I print my images on...any suggestions?? Tyia!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20

Default Re: one more bottle cap question and then i should have it mastered! lol

you need to modge podge over the top of the image
Old 02-22-2011, 03:01

Default Re: one more bottle cap question and then i should have it mastered! lol

That was happening to me too. I use the Xyron sticker maker to adhere my image to the bottle cap and then I do a small bead of Mod Podge around the edge to cover the paper edge from the image. I am assuming that the sides of the paper are not sealed and soak up the ET, but I am just guessing with that one. I just use a small paint brush and dab on a thin coat of the Mod Podge all around the image just to basically seal that edge. It has worked for me and I havent had a bottle cap turn out like that since. HTH!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31

I get mine printed at costco and use xyron sticker to attach modge podge isn't the greatest i found
Old 02-23-2011, 12:26

We print ours on cardstock, glue them on the cap with and elmers glue stick, wax them and then cover them with resin........

--Cassie
Old 02-23-2011, 04:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlsnswirls View Post
We print ours on cardstock, glue them on the cap with and elmers glue stick, wax them and then cover them with resin........

--Cassie
Never thought about printing on cardstock. Do the images still come out crisp and clear like they do on photo paper? Also, maybe a silly question but what do you mean by waxing them?
Sponsored Links