New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-19-2011, 04:46

Default Re: What's the strongest dbl sided tape? What do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicoGirl View Post
I think her thread got deleted in the purge. I believe her screen name is Sweethairclips I use the one I get from her and I love it. I do add a dab of hot glue in the pinch and at the end for a little added security.

I know some people are visual here are some lined with the specialty tape
Those are great clips NMG! Thanks for sharing your pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosweetbydesign View Post
I only use tape to line my clips and have been getting it from her for at least the last two years and I love it. I dont use any other glue or anything and have never had a problem with them coming up. I just ordered another 4 more rolls that should be here monday, she ships cheap and quick.
I'm definitely going to have to look her up ~ thanks for the great vote of confidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keisha View Post
This may be a stupid question but do you use 3/8 or 1/4 tape?
I apologize, that's my mistake (and definitely not a stupid question!). I use 1/4". Is that what you use/recommend?

Old 02-19-2011, 05:20

got mine from nicole with sassy paci, great tape
Old 02-19-2011, 06:19

Question.. for a dbl pronged clip, should I be using 1/4" or 3/8"?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:20

i still use 1/4
Old 02-19-2011, 06:38

Thanks momof5
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post

I have never bought any I was just wondering what size everyone else used.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I still use the 1/4" whether double or single pronged. Works great with both, and the 3/8" would kind of "gum up" the edges of the ribbon/clip no matter how careful you are.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
I still use the 1/4" whether double or single pronged. Works great with both, and the 3/8" would kind of "gum up" the edges of the ribbon/clip no matter how careful you are.
Yes, I think you're very right. I like using the 1/4" but found that I still have to use hot glue in places (when using it with a resin on top). That's why I'm trying to find the strongest tape.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:07

Just wanted to bump this since I edited my previous post about my experience with the tape.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
I LOVE Sealah tape from Jodees but it's pretty expensive. Specialty tape comes in second, and considering I get it from a HipGirl for $5 per roll (compared to $17 for Sealah) it's what I now use.

EDIT:

I totally have to edit my response on this one, sorry Maxine.

I will no longer be using tape to line clips for bows or embellishments. I bought the roll of Sealah tape and then like three rolls of Specialty tape back in January to prepare for a show I had coming up. I lined ALL of my clips with the tape. I made a TON of bows and the show ended up being more of a flea market than the "craft show" I was told it would be. So, I came home with almost all of the bows, and they have since been hanging on ribbon on my pegboard display in my craft studio. I also put a few out for sale at a local hair salon that sells my items.

Well...I just went in the other day to refill and change out my items at the salon and was MORTIFIED to find that my bows are all pulling away from the clip. I had to pull so many of them to bring home to fix, I am so embarrassed. Not only that, but this means that the bows that I made at that time that have since sold (either in the salon or on Etsy or whatnot) are probably pulling away from the clip on my customers!!!!

So I came home and checked the rows of bows sitting on my display......yep, they are ALL pulling away from the clip.

Honestly, I am almost at the end of my rope with my clip lining abilities - I mean, it isn't rocket science, right? So why does this happen to me???

When I first started out my clips did the same thing, so I researched and switched from low temp to high temp glue gun and started using Surebonder glue sticks (that specifically said for metal). As far as I can tell, the bows made once I did that switch haven't had issues.

Then I switched to tape right before the show because I had such a large volume of clips to do in a short time. It certainly made the process easier and more fun, but now THIS.

I've now switched to using tape AND glue to line clips for bows or embellishments (even a clippie with a petal cap on it started pulling up on me) - and will just use the rest of the tape I have to line plain clips. Once I run out, I won't be purchasing again.

Just wanted to let you know, Maxine, that my opinion had changed.
I have also experienced this recently w some specialty tape that I purchased. I was also embarrased b/c I had sold quite a few bows using that tape at a craft fair . I now dab a little extra hot glue on the edges of the ribbon. I still like the way the ds tape lays down better than hot glue... i can't make mine look nearly as nice w just hot glue.

I was hoping it was a particular roll of tape. I broke open a second roll and it seems stickier? But, I still hot glue just in case on the edge.

Sponsored Links