Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2011, 11:23
KyliesMommy's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the USA
Posts: 4
Red face I Need HELP!

Im new at making bows... Money is tight and its either dinner or e-book and its a easy choice... Food! Thats why I need help like full directions lol I want to learn how to make these type of bows... My daughters 1st birthday is coming up and I want Kylie to Look Perfect! PLEASE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Bow 1
http://bow-girl.blogspot.com/2010/09...tique-bow.html

Bow 2
http://katiejbowtique.com/item_217/R...tlecap-Bow.htm
__________________
~*I Love My Husband,Kylie and My Family!*~
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 12:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,156
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Hi. Welcome to Hip Girls.

Those are verrrrrry ambitious bows. They could take weeks or months to learn and even longer to perfect.

And as helpful as the members here are they aren't necessarily in a hurry to give up all of their secrets, at least not all at once. LOL.

Having said that, with a little browsing and using the search feature you can find a lot of the basic information you need to get started.

Here is the index to Free and Paid instructions.
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/free-...ruction-index/

You can post your formal introduction here
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/introductions/

Right now you are in the best forum (“How To Make”) for searching for tips and techniques and informal instructions, some of them really detailed and with pictures, almost amounting to a mini tutorial.

I suggest searching terms like: Twisted, Funky, Spikes, Stacked, Over The Top, OTT, etc. Eventually that will lead you to all of the information you need to make the bows you linked. But you may need to walk before you can run, so you may wind up needing to search terms like “basic” and “pinwheel”.

If you really are pressed for time I would strongly consider buying a really good tutorial, preferably one with a template. I haven’t bought one myself but you can search for recommendations. I know a couple of members sell some that are highly thought of, but even the best ones don’t work for everyone.

But, realistically, depending upon how soon your DD’s birthday is, you are probably better off going to the Ribbons, Bows and More section of the Sale forum. There are 3 or 4 excellent bow makers that offer the type of bow you are looking at for really reasonable money. And, believe it or not, buying could actually be more cost effective once you realize how much the materials can cost, and how much waste there is during the learning process.

Good luck. And again, welcome to HG.

Kel
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 01:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 375
Default Re: I Need HELP!

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/ This is another good site you can look at that has multiple free tutorials for many different types of bows and sculptures. HTH
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,156
Default Re: I Need HELP!

I had forgotten about Girly Things. Note that the Index is at the top of the page.

Also, the parent site to Hip Girls Forum (Hip Girls Boutique) has all of the free tutorials and it looks like they are a little easier to navigate there.

Hip Girls Boutique -- Free Instructions:
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...x&cPath=31_135

Kel
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:26
sewsewdiane's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
Hi. Welcome to Hip Girls.

Those are verrrrrry ambitious bows. They could take weeks or months to learn and even longer to perfect.

And as helpful as the members here are they aren't necessarily in a hurry to give up all of their secrets, at least not all at once. LOL.

Having said that, with a little browsing and using the search feature you can find a lot of the basic information you need to get started.

Here is the index to Free and Paid instructions.
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/free-...ruction-index/

You can post your formal introduction here
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/introductions/

Right now you are in the best forum (“How To Make”) for searching for tips and techniques and informal instructions, some of them really detailed and with pictures, almost amounting to a mini tutorial.

I suggest searching terms like: Twisted, Funky, Spikes, Stacked, Over The Top, OTT, etc. Eventually that will lead you to all of the information you need to make the bows you linked. But you may need to walk before you can run, so you may wind up needing to search terms like “basic” and “pinwheel”.

If you really are pressed for time I would strongly consider buying a really good tutorial, preferably one with a template. I haven’t bought one myself but you can search for recommendations. I know a couple of members sell some that are highly thought of, but even the best ones don’t work for everyone.

But, realistically, depending upon how soon your DD’s birthday is, you are probably better off going to the Ribbons, Bows and More section of the Sale forum. There are 3 or 4 excellent bow makers that offer the type of bow you are looking at for really reasonable money. And, believe it or not, buying could actually be more cost effective once you realize how much the materials can cost, and how much waste there is during the learning process.

Good luck. And again, welcome to HG.

Kel

wow! i wish you would have posted this when i first started. now 3 yrs later i am almost happy with how my bows are shaping up. lots of good info!
__________________
Check out my FB business page
Baby Love Hairbows
https://www.facebook.com/BabyLoveHairbows

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,156
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsewdiane View Post
wow! i wish you would have posted this when i first started. now 3 yrs later i am almost happy with how my bows are shaping up. lots of good info!
I wasn't here then!!

The information is free it just takes a little digging.

Kel
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:40
sewsewdiane's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
I wasn't here then!!

The information is free it just takes a little digging.

Kel

ha! i just saw your join date. anywho, you articulated that very well!

oh and i agree! my problem wasnt really finding the information it was mostly doing it. it takes a lot of practice.
__________________
Check out my FB business page
Baby Love Hairbows
https://www.facebook.com/BabyLoveHairbows

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:44
JustDaisy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,102
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Good info!
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2011, 02:51
KyliesMommy's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the USA
Posts: 4
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Thank you so much! Its great to know that someone in this world would take the time and help me! My daughter's birthday is in about a month sooo i have a lil time! Ya I found that michael's has sales and lke they have a big basket outside at $1.00 per roll! So when i find them and i have coupons i do it big and get asmany as my budget can allow!
__________________
~*I Love My Husband,Kylie and My Family!*~
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:23
texasmonkeymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,122
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Keep in mind that the $1 per roll baskets at Michaels are usually satin ribbon or 3/8 grossgrain ribbon. I learned the hard way that to make the Over The Top Twisted Bows you want to use at least 7/8 grossgrain and 1 1/2 grossgrain for the bows and spikes. The satin ribbon will not hold the twisted shape like the grossgrain, just wanted to put that out there because when I first started I thought those sales were great but I just wasted my money because it wasn't what I needed for the bows like this. HTH. It took me nearly 6 months to get the twisted bows and stacked bows but I'm a visual person and had to purchase good templates and tutorials. I hope you get the look you are wanting for your beautiful baby girl in a month! And there are some amazing and talented women here that that will help you along the way, me, I'm not that amazing or talented but I will cheer for you and offer any support or tips I know.

Welcome to HG, aka my drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliesMommy View Post
Thank you so much! Its great to know that someone in this world would take the time and help me! My daughter's birthday is in about a month sooo i have a lil time! Ya I found that michael's has sales and lke they have a big basket outside at $1.00 per roll! So when i find them and i have coupons i do it big and get asmany as my budget can allow!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger