New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-16-2011, 11:26

Default Bbm help!!!!

So I have been trying and trying and trying to make these tbb with the BBM templates and I am ready to scream. For those that use these templates what method of creasing do you use? I really love the flip tail one and I sew and tye but it doesnt look right. Anyone try to woodburner method?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-17-2011, 11:16

Default Re: Bbm help!!!!

bump someone, There are alot of bbm twist users!! PLEASE
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24

All I do is do all of the folds I use an alligator clip at the bottom and top to help secure it. Once my folds are done I take my sally's clip and put it over the hole where your stiches go. Then take off my alligator clips. Stich (sp?) starting from the front of the template I just do however many stiches I can fit just a simple running stich not a gathered running stich just a running stich back and forth. Then leaving my needle in the bow remove my sally's clip and bow from the template. Flip it, pull it tight and tie it off. I even go through the bow and knot it just to make sure. Then I adjust the loops and starch.

HTH
Old 02-17-2011, 11:43

I've tried and tried to make them too but once I tie them they look like butterflies So I just gave up and just use the classic template instead.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicasbowtique View Post
All I do is do all of the folds I use an alligator clip at the bottom and top to help secure it. Once my folds are done I take my sally's clip and put it over the hole where your stiches go. Then take off my alligator clips. Stich (sp?) starting from the front of the template I just do however many stiches I can fit just a simple running stich not a gathered running stich just a running stich back and forth. Then leaving my needle in the bow remove my sally's clip and bow from the template. Flip it, pull it tight and tie it off. I even go through the bow and knot it just to make sure. Then I adjust the loops and starch.

HTH
Does your ribbon stay under the tabs? I cannot get my ribbon to stay in the tabs but they stay under the arms good. Does that matter that the ribbon arent under the little tabs?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:48

Yes! I find the bow come out looking much more twisted when the ribbon is under the tabs, Have you tried watching the video ? That helped me a ton when I first got mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_hernandez402 View Post
Does your ribbon stay under the tabs? I cannot get my ribbon to stay in the tabs but they stay under the arms good. Does that matter that the ribbon arent under the little tabs?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica20102010 View Post
Yes! I find the bow come out looking much more twisted when the ribbon is under the tabs, Have you tried watching the video ? That helped me a ton when I first got mine
Ive watched the video she has. Ive only tried the 7/8 template and the ribbon doesnt fit like the video shows with her using the 1.5". do you have the same problem?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09

Lots of ribbon varies - so for learning purposes, find the "widest" 7/8th that you have.

If you have an alligator clip, that might help to clip the ribbon to keep it from sliding.

I had someone tape plastic bingo chips over the entire side to "extend" the tabs on both sides of the triangle.

If none of these help, let me know!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_hernandez402 View Post
Make sure they stay under those tabs...I have made lots of twisted with my bbms and I find if I don't keep them under that they end up weird, like one side seems bigger than the other or 1 loop of the bow will be abnormally small/large lol

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Old 02-18-2011, 01:04

Thanks for the info, I will keep trying I guess, really frustrating!
Sponsored Links