Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-16-2011, 10:26
Default I need your advice on what to buy with $100.

A couple of years a go I stopped making bows because I couldn't stop making babies:-) Now that I have some a little more time on my hands I want to start fresh. I know my whole stash will cost more than $100, but for starters, what would you suggest I invest in first? What are your MUST HAVES and favorites? Thanks so much for your input!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 10:35
Default Re: I need your advice on what to buy with $100.

It depends I guess on what kind of hair bows you will be making. For any bow maker a great pair of scissors is a great start. I know it is overwhelming at first with what to buy first and what you will need first, etc. Decide on which style you are wanting to work with first, what size, etc. and go from there.

Items I cant do without for my flower making and stacked hair bows are...glue gun, upholstery thread to sew my flowers and bows together with, 1.5 inch ribbon, 7/8 inch ribbon and 3/8 inch ribbon, hair clips, and Sally's salon clip. HTH!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:38
Default Re: I need your advice on what to buy with $100.

awesome scissors, glue gun, and tons of basic ribbon and then maybe a few dots. check out destashes and see if you can find someone getting rid of ribbon maybe you can get more that way

oh and something to tie or sew your bows

* I am a ribbon sculptor, that is what I do and how I help my family! Everything I make is freehanded. James Avery made their sculpted ribbon ring just for me !*

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Sponsored Links