http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/2side-flat-azalea.jpg

shopthecarousel-150.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lg-pinwheel-hair-bow-red-ads.jpg
New products--Rainbow dot 3/8' grosgrain ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-15-2011, 05:08

Default Re: How come these korkers are so puffy?

The more korkers you add the fuller it will be LOL. This is how i mak emine nice and full anyway. HTH

http://www.etsy.com/shop/alyssa232007
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale-300.jpg
Old 02-15-2011, 05:12

Just a side note, be very careful using her pic in this thread here, I create korkers using fun fur, marabou, korker ribbon, ric rac and a few other things, I do one each holiday....well, this past christmas season she sent me a convo through etsy that stated..."you should be utterly ashamed of yourself, you sell plenty and have no need to copy my design" , it went on and blah, blah, blah

i sent her a reply back "..though your work is absolutely wonderful I did not copy your design, I have in this particular christmas korker, ric rac, fun fur and all kinds of other things. I have created a special holiday korker & boutique bow for each holiday and this has been a top seller at my shows for 4 years running. I also do not have the time in my work day to hunt and scope out everyone who sells something similar to me. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have a blessed holiday season."

i don't think that was to bad of a reply considering we were on vacay in vegas when she convo'ed me and for some reason i decided to reply to her after walking the strip for 7 hours and more than a few cocktails, thank goodness I didn't say anything rude or crappy!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepeabows View Post
Just a side note, be very careful using her pic in this thread here, I create korkers using fun fur, marabou, korker ribbon, ric rac and a few other things, I do one each holiday....well, this past christmas season she sent me a convo through etsy that stated..."you should be utterly ashamed of yourself, you sell plenty and have no need to copy my design" , it went on and blah, blah, blah

i sent her a reply back "..though your work is absolutely wonderful I did not copy your design, I have in this particular christmas korker, ric rac, fun fur and all kinds of other things. I have created a special holiday korker & boutique bow for each holiday and this has been a top seller at my shows for 4 years running. I also do not have the time in my work day to hunt and scope out everyone who sells something similar to me. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have a blessed holiday season."

i don't think that was to bad of a reply considering we were on vacay in vegas when she convo'ed me and for some reason i decided to reply to her after walking the strip for 7 hours and more than a few cocktails, thank goodness I didn't say anything rude or crappy!
Oy vey! I can assure her that I am not going to copy her designs. Most of my korkers are bottle caps anyway. I just wanted them to be fuller. I used the tutorial I posted in this post as my guideline, so my future korker bows will have nothing to do with hers. I've seen plenty of other korker bows that are just as full as hers. She doesn't own the copyright on them. Your response was a lot nicer than mine would have been.

Last edited by piggysplace; 02-15-2011 at 05:23.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:38

I know mine are pretty full, at least in my mind they are, lol, and the more pieces i use the fuller they look

my DH said my response was nicer than usual due to the "more than a few cocktails" that night, lol, I have seen soooooo many people use fun fur and such in theirs and i was just so taken back by her assumption that I had seen hers and that she was the only one! oh well, I just wanted to let you know how she was to me in case she seen it, some people are just odd and sensitive, ttyl, my dinner is calling my name
Old 02-15-2011, 05:54

I can understand people not wanting someone to specifically copy their particular design or whatever.. but sometimes I think this gets out of hand.

I've been in the craft business for decades. And I mean decades. I've made bows with yarn, plastic, feathers and what-not. I've made jewelry, art pieces and heaven knows what else.

So, should I write to everyone on etsy and tell them not to copy *me?* I mean, after all, I made it first. Many of the products I see there I've made at some point long ago.

Then, after I send that note out, crafters older than me can send a note to me saying the exact same thing.

See how silly this can get?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:39

How do you attach the yarn/ric rac/etc? Do you just thread it on the needle mixed with the korkers? I can't quite seem to picture how it would work, but I love the look of these.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I can understand people not wanting someone to specifically copy their particular design or whatever.. but sometimes I think this gets out of hand.

I've been in the craft business for decades. And I mean decades. I've made bows with yarn, plastic, feathers and what-not. I've made jewelry, art pieces and heaven knows what else.

So, should I write to everyone on etsy and tell them not to copy *me?* I mean, after all, I made it first. Many of the products I see there I've made at some point long ago.

Then, after I send that note out, crafters older than me can send a note to me saying the exact same thing.

See how silly this can get?
Excellent post!!! Yes, some women get their panties in a wad. Look at the templates for the bows. Someone came out with them first...now there are several to go by. They're different designs but some are very similar. It is good to have a variety to choose from. Some people have the same taste for ribbon and they will use the same ribbon combos to create a product. That is not copying. If it looks like yours then admire it. If you think it is better then come up with a way to make yours look better. We all copy to some extent.

-who came up with the surround bow? How many of us do this?
-who came up with the marabou in the bows?
-who started to use bottlecaps on their bows?
-who started the whole twisted boutique style?
-Who decided korking ribbon would be a great idea?
-who came up with the firecracker bow?
-what about the funky loopy bow?
**you get where I am going with this?

The only thing I don't like is stealing pictures and that is a whole other subject.

Last edited by ronnie; 02-15-2011 at 09:49.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhouts View Post
How do you attach the yarn/ric rac/etc? Do you just thread it on the needle mixed with the korkers? I can't quite seem to picture how it would work, but I love the look of these.
that's exactly what i do, the ric rac is pretty easy, the yarn and some of the trims can be a bit of a pain trying to get a needle through sometimes, just be patient, i just thread a few pieces in here and there, I use spiked ribbon sometimes too which looks super cute
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/canadatulle-300.jpg