http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:09

Default Re: Can I see pics of your tutu waistbands?

Yiou can google square knot. That will show you images. I think that is the best way to learn. Basically it is just a knot, but you have to make sure you do the opposite the second time so that the lengths are the same and your tulle is one on top of the other instead of side by side. Google will help you picture this.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20

So is there a tut somewhere I can purchase that shows pics of how to add the layers of tulle in between the first layer? I don't like the bunched up look either.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferua View Post
I will definitely let you know

How did you tie the tulle at the end of the longer tulle pieces. Is it smaller pieces of tulle tied at the ends?
Thank you.

Yes, that is exactly what I did. I cut the pieces 1in wide. I just tied them using a double knot. It is a great way to use up the scrap pieces and looks so cute!!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:50

I bought it and love it. Its easy to understand. I made my first tutu and it actually turned out pretty good. I made one for my co-worker and now I have 4 orders from work. Im happy about that. Seems this is doing better than my hair clips..

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferua View Post
I was just on Angles babe and she has tutorial for her no-sew tutu for $6 and I'm really tempted to buy. But I don't know. I've spent so much in the past couple of weeks on supplies and I'm new about all of this. If I buy I'll let you know how it is. I don't want to mess up anything, even though I know there's trial and error when trying new things.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:54

I just made one using all the pointers we got in these threads the past few days lol I was much happier with it than my last ones!
YES that is my poor DS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1822.jpg (33.3 KB, 119 views)
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgirlythings View Post
I bought it and love it. Its easy to understand. I made my first tutu and it actually turned out pretty good. I made one for my co-worker and now I have 4 orders from work. Im happy about that. Seems this is doing better than my hair clips..
Thanks for letting us know about the tut. I think I may have to buy it. I just hate to, you know - I just am mad at myself that mine don't look right...lol. Good for you about the orders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin7786 View Post
I just made one using all the pointers we got in these threads the past few days lol I was much happier with it than my last ones!
YES that is my poor DS
Did you use the layer between the knots method? It looks nice!! And, I totally understand about the model...lol. I try to get my ds to try on stuff since he is 4, but he hates it.....lol
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31

I don't have a picture but I used one of the crochet headbands as a waistband and fill according to how full I want/need it. I like this because if I want a second layer I can use another row of "holes" in the headband and it makes a very tailored look.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29

Quote:
YES that is my poor DS
See now that is what I want mine to look like. My tulle should be arriving today. I am still lost as to how the bottom pink layer is put on. Trying to read these threads but still
Old 02-17-2011, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordi5103 View Post
Thanks for letting us know about the tut. I think I may have to buy it. I just hate to, you know - I just am mad at myself that mine don't look right...lol. Good for you about the orders!!

Did you use the layer between the knots method? It looks nice!! And, I totally understand about the model...lol. I try to get my ds to try on stuff since he is 4, but he hates it.....lol
I didn't use the in between layer method bc I couldn't figure it out. I tried to learn the square knot but it was really confusing. I kinda just made up my own method (which may actually be the squareknot for all I know lol) and started going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braids'nBows View Post
See now that is what I want mine to look like. My tulle should be arriving today. I am still lost as to how the bottom pink layer is put on. Trying to read these threads but still
I'm going to make another one today and see how it looks. I need practice lol. I tied a blue iece and a pink piece at the same time. Just to where one would go up and one down!?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:57

Quote:
I didn't use the in between layer method bc I couldn't figure it out. I tried to learn the square knot but it was really confusing. I kinda just made up my own method (which may actually be the squareknot for all I know lol) and started going!

I'm going to make another one today and see how it looks. I need practice lol. I tied a blue iece and a pink piece at the same time. Just to where one would go up and one down!?
Robin I'd love to see a pic of your latest tutu