http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-16-2011, 06:41

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

This is such a great thread!
Well I am sure I am not the only one using a computer desk for my workspace, so hopefully this will help someone. I use my keyboard tray to store all of my embellishments. I velcro a divided craft container to it (lid open out the back) that way if I need to take it somewhere, it can be removed easily.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 07:19

I stick a straight pin (with a ball head) into my tulle spools in order to neatly store them and keep them from unraveling. I also use the short pins on woven ribbon (striped ribbon) since tape won't hold it.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:58

I keep folders on my desktop labeled with a craft and KEEP. Whenever I see a post, link or a download that I might want later, I drop it in one of those folders. About once a month, I take a few minutes to go back through the recent ones. I prune duplicates and those that I don't really want anymore. I may print off some as well.

That saves me sooooo much time when I want to find something I know I read!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Here is a good free tut on how to sew korker bows

Korker Bow Tutorial
LOOOVEEE this thread! I was just logging on to ask korker bow questions. I just made my first one and it is WIMPY!!! This tut answered my questions

Merci

mylittlenuggets.etsy.com, Facebook
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04

Loving this tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
Here's something that helps me out. ....

When I'm matching all my ribbons(for new bows) and picking out bow centers. I will precut a bunch of them out(like enough for 20 bows or more) I then put each bow in its own little pouch of an over the door shoe organizer I have hanging on my door. That way when I get the time to make them I pull a few out at a time and work on them from start to finish and all my pieces are precut including the thread to sew them and I just need to assemble them.

With my little one I have to take advantage of working standing up in the kitchen or sitting in the playroom so its nice to be able to have everything all organized on the fly...lol

All the tips I've read so far are fabulous thanks to op for starting this and for everyone that has shared..it's very nice.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:14

I have started making tulle wand puffs for my daughters birthday. The whole process of cutting out cardboard circles didn't go well with me one night, since I had no cardboard.

So, I whipped out my clover pom pom maker and BOOM! I had a gorgeous tulle puff. You can't make a huge puff, but big enough and keeps everything round

Old 02-16-2011, 08:28

I learned this tip today at my local craft store. There was a lady having a ton of material being cut and the scissors were sliding through them no problem. I asked if those were 'special' craft scissors....usually expense!. She told me they were not so I assumed that they had them professional sharpened. Nope, cut aluminium foil into strips and it sharpens your scissors just as good as any tool would she told me!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29

love all these ideas! great thread!~
my tip is use a heat gun to get rid of the little spider like hot glue strings...it is faster then a hair dryer and not as loud....and works great! the little strings just melt away!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
Here's something that helps me out. ....

When I'm matching all my ribbons(for new bows) and picking out bow centers. I will precut a bunch of them out(like enough for 20 bows or more) I then put each bow in its own little pouch of an over the door shoe organizer I have hanging on my door. That way when I get the time to make them I pull a few out at a time and work on them from start to finish and all my pieces are precut including the thread to sew them and I just need to assemble them.

I do the same thing - cute the pieces, match them all up, except I put them in little baggies, and I reuse them over, and over, and over - the bags are looking pretty rough at this point! It's easier to have everything ready and then just assemble.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavebabygiggles.com View Post
love all these ideas! great thread!~
my tip is use a heat gun to get rid of the little spider like hot glue strings...it is faster then a hair dryer and not as loud....and works great! the little strings just melt away!
I have one of these too, great for melting ribbon if you get too close or keep it there too long

Sponsored Links

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner