150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-14-2011, 10:41

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post
Credit for my tip goes to my mother. My bow centers were out of control, and with 2 toddlers everytime I would open a container to get one out I had hands grabbing whatever they could reach.

My mom keeps everything, I called thinking that I could save spending money on a new organizer and possibly get an old tackle box or maybe the kaboodles I had as a teen, and instead I got my grandparents old pill boxes. You know the ones marked with days of the week, or my favorite one, each day has 4 compartments for morning, noon, evening, and bed. I just taped a label on top of each and only have to open one tiny compartment at a time, so much less to dig through and so much less for little hands to run off with!
I use the ones that have the mulitple compartments that you can get at HL luckily my dollar stores carry them I currently have 9 of them and store lots of goodies! Another use cut the lid off of them and use them for your jewelry, I use them for my earrings and rings in my drawer
Old 02-14-2011, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
lol...this is what i am doing, using pieces of cardboard! i love this idea!!

don't know how usefull this will be for others but for me it has saved me time and money! i used to keep my scraps of ribbon all mixed in one drawer and there were times that i would buy MORE ribbon when i already had it! so what i did is sort out all my scraps by width and put them in separate big ziplock bags by size. so now i know what i need!

also as my ribbon runs out i cut a small piece of it and put it in a separate baggie so when i need to buy it i know exactly what width and color i need to get!
Love your idea about when your ribbon gets low. I often remember what size I need, but dont remember the color and vice versa. Will definitely use this idea!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:47

What great ideas! I enjoyed reading all your tips.

I use the lid to a long wrapping paper storage box (the plastic ones) on top of my craft table. When I am cutting ribbons for bows, etc. all my little strings, spike pieces, etc. fall right onto the lid and I can just dump all the pieces when I get done crafting at the end of the night. This has also come in hand because I use my craft table for scrapbooking and other crafts so if I have hair bow stuff out I just put it all on the lid, put it somewhere it wont get knocked off and then can pick up where I left off later.

I also do my own bottle cap images and hated when I only used one of the images off my 4x6 sheet, but also didnt want to store the individual 1" circle pieces either. I bought some cheap accordian type files, the ones that people use for coupon holders (I found some plastic ones at Dollar Tree) and I label each pocket with sports, characters, or whatever "theme" the images are. That way I still keep the images, but I dont have to punch them out until I need to.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37

Here is another great tip from lilredsmiles that I saved regarding how to make korkers

Old 02-15-2011, 09:14

Here is a tip that sla762 shared...

Pony O's

Old 02-15-2011, 09:27

Here's a tip that Gracie's Mom shared with us regarding:

Printing Your Own Ribbon

I use Avery Light Fabric transfers #3271. I buy it at Staples for about $8 for 6 sheets. I do all my graphics in Microsoft Word, resize images to be no bigger than .6 inches. When I print, this is what I do:

Select Print
Select Properties
Under Paper/Quality Change Paper Type to HP Iron On Transfer and Print Quality to Best
Under Finishing select Mirror Image
Print your images. Cut to size, I use a paper cutter and cut to just a smidge less that ribbon width.
When doing the actual "iron on", I use a wooden cutting board on my ironing board and some scrap cotton fabric. I do a quick press on the ribbon, then apply my iron on face down onto ribbon, do a quick pass with iron, THEN I cover with the fabric and PRESS HARD AND CONTINUALLY PASSING IRON OVER TRANSFER/RIBBON, NO STEAM. This is the key!! I have tried following their directions and I had problems with the image coming off. I go over it at least for 4 minutes. LET IT COOL COMPLETELY before trying to pull off the paper backing. try a small corner, you will see whether the image transferred correctly or not, but I don't have any problems. Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20

I keep 2 little thrash cans I got at a dollar tree on my table when I work one for scraps I can put in loopy bows and one for thrash.

When I cut marabou I put a small piece of tape when I am going to cut and I dont get the fly aways.

You can also hold a hand vac in your lap turn it on and cut the marabou over it and it will suck in all the fly aways.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26

If you're having trouble threading your sewing machine needle... lick your finger and dampen the opposite side of the needle eye. It will help pull the thread through. Something to do with surface tension.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:06

Here is a good free tut on how to sew korker bows

Korker Bow Tutorial
Old 02-15-2011, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Here is a good free tut on how to sew korker bows

Korker Bow Tutorial

Girl, look atcha postin all them helpful tips! Get it girllllllllllll!

LMAO
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner