New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-16-2012, 12:55

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

All of you have great ideas. I have quite a few on organizing craft items that aren't listed here. I can't post pics yet, but when I do I might make a thread with pics of my craft area. I'm a beginner at crafts, but love to organize and have very little space. One quick idea for all of you that like to precut ribbon and have it ready to grab and go is this: Sew basically a cloth binder kind of rectangle out of thick fabric and sew the bottom of several large quality zip lock bags with a strip of fabric over it in the center to make it look pretty. I use mine for my hair clips, but this would be perfect for ribbon that is already cut and planned. I wish I could post a pic of mine. I hope I explained it well.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01

Some amazing tips as always from a talented bunch of ladies!!!

Thank you
Old 05-31-2012, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Great tips ladies!!

My tip is to make a work kit! I used to keep mine in a tool box but now I just keep it in a plastic bin with a top (it worked better for me that way!)

I keep a kit with scissors, glue gun, extra glue sticks, needle, thread, ruler, and anything else I might need for bow making and keep it in a bin. I also keep my "ribbon recipe" chart that has all of my lengths of ribbon for what size bow and all that jazz on it. This way I can throw a few spools of ribbon in and my templates and hit the road (or carry it to my den or wherever I plan to go) without having to "gather" stuff or "put it away" when I'm done!
I'm new to bow making & would love to see your ribbon recipe chart if you don't mind. I love this whole idea!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36

this may not be a huge tip but remember.. dollar trees 99 stores and yard sales are your friends lol i have found so many deals in these places... in a dollar tree i found a product i wanted from ebay but it was to expensive but i found the exact same one for $1 score
Old 08-28-2012, 07:27

If your going to bake and spray your bows..... Bake first then spray. I have had lighter colors "yellow" a bit when spraying first. I bake first then spray, then put back in the warm but turned off oven to help dry faster. Also be careful when heat sealing light colored kroner ribbon that has been sprayed. Heat too much and your ends will look burnt.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39

So many wonderful ideas and tips. I use a lot of them alreadyThanks for sharing.

I have started to decoupage the white foam display heads and attach them to painted wood bases to have a more pleasing way to display headbands and hats. I don't remember if I got this idea from this forum or just searching the web.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:27

Hi ladies newbie from s.cali here!!
my tip is, if you have your ribbon diplayed on your wall or racks, take a pic. of it with your cellphone, that way when you are out buying ribbon you can look and zoom into your ribbon stash and make sure you aren't buying dublicates! it's saved me $$ lol
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00

found many useful tips thank you guys
Old 11-03-2012, 12:19

Wow, took me half the night to read this whole thread.

My 2 cents.

All Purpose Sewers Aid made by Prym-Dritz. It's a lubricant you can put on scissors, needles or thread. I use it on the whole spool when sewing thick fabrics , the thread just glides without drag or catches, it's a liquid and you just need to drizzle a small line across the spool, end to end. The half oz bottle lasts forever

When using your wood burner use a pair of pliers to loosen the tip before it cools or changing the tip may be impossible as the metal will eventually bond with itself, just ask your husband about those pesky lug nuts. Do this each time you are finished using it. Also know that wood burners can accommodate a wide variety of tips and one may work better for you than another for cutting ribbon. Clean your tip with steel wool to prevent drag and snag.

Crystal light cans are semi transparent are a good organizer for buttons or beads and hair elastics
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50

use an orange wood manicure stick to hold items in place while the hot glue cools to prevent burned fingers. Also keeps fingers clean while allowing tacky glue to bond.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner