key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-24-2011, 10:58

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

For some reason it wouldn't let me post this as one post. I'm too new to have a tip of my own, but I found instructions for a great, cheap good looking ribbon holder here: (Gah! It will not let me post the URL!)
My husband is currently making this and I cannot wait to take all the ribbon off of all the dowel rods!
Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2011, 10:59

Hrm, will it work this way? nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/studio-ri
bbon-storage.html
Old 09-24-2011, 11:00

Wahoo! just add the normal http beforehand for that link. Hope that helps someone!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBSham View Post
For some reason it wouldn't let me post this as one post. I'm too new to have a tip of my own, but I found instructions for a great, cheap good looking ribbon holder here: (Gah! It will not let me post the URL!)
My husband is currently making this and I cannot wait to take all the ribbon off of all the dowel rods!

ummmm . . can he make one for me too? that's a great looking cabinet!

here's the direct link . . . http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...n-storage.html
Old 10-14-2011, 08:19

Wow, you all have no idea how helpful all of this is to someone who is the very beginning...actually preliminary stages of getting a hairbow, etc. business started. It took me about 45 minutes, but I just copied and pasted every single one of the listed tips to a Word Doc so that I can read them later AND so that I can have them to review from time to time.

Thanks so much to all of you!

I do so love this website/forum!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:01

Does the ribbon kink from where you have it wrapped around the card and what do you use to hold the ribbon in place?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgr8pairants View Post
All these are so great! Here's mine..

For hot glue guns if you don't have a silicone mat use an old magazine instead. Then when your done tear off the top page and its ready for the next use.

This one is for embroidering. When embroidering on knits like tshirts I never ever hoop my shirt. I hoop my stabilizer and then place my shirt on it and it is sticky enough that it holds it in place and never stretches out my fabric.
I just discovered this last night! I am out of my sulky stabilizer, which like the best because it doesn't gum up my needle. I hopped my tearaway and then used the rolling double sided tape for scrap booking to make a stick edge all the way around, it worked great!!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:41

Goodness, I am only up to page 15 reading these. My favorite so far has been to put a dab of glue on your stick when reloading glue gun. Mine was always falling off.

There is a lady who does great free tutorials on you tube Mommycraftsalot. She also has a face book page. Her latest was a loopy bow made from felt. Not sure I liked it but it was different.

www.MarcootBoutique.etsy.com
Old 11-30-2011, 12:32

This thread is cool... I learn so many things by reading your post and tips. Thanks for the ideas. I'll try to do it, for me it's a good thing to do something that I haven't tried yet.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by banglesnbows View Post
I just discovered this last night! I am out of my sulky stabilizer, which like the best because it doesn't gum up my needle. I hopped my tearaway and then used the rolling double sided tape for scrap booking to make a stick edge all the way around, it worked great!!
you also might want to try loading/sewing a basting stitch outline to tack down your fabric before you sew your design. i merge this file with all my designs and move it up so it sews out 1st.

since i only hoop batting or freezer paper, this works out great for whatever fabrics/knits you're gonna embroider on

. . . here's a free download for it - in most machine formats.

http://www.swakembroidery.com/info/f...ngstitches.htm
Sponsored Links

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner