150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-21-2011, 09:36

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tscb* View Post
Great Tips!

Mine: In my e-mail, I have a folder that has 2011 Receipts...I put all of my paypal e-mail receipts in this folder as UNREAD. While it is unread, it means I haven't recieved it yet...once I receive the merchandise, then I mark the paypal receipt e-mail as READ. So at a glance I know how many items I am waiting on...
Wow! What a great idea! I've never thought to do this but it makes perfect sense Thanks for sharing a wonderful tip tscb!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:01

I have a piece of glass laid on top of a quilter's ruled cutting mat. This way I can measure and cut in one stroke (with my woodburner) and I don't have to take out a ruler.

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
www.birdsongbows.com
Old 03-21-2011, 10:10

I don't have any tips to share but Ihave used so many of these already! I havent even read through all the threads! One tip I didnt see yet it about cutting tulle for a tutu. I used to cut each piece by hand one at a time on another thread I read that you should wrap it around something and make one cut and I have tried that and it works so much better! Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:53

All these are so great! Here's mine..

For hot glue guns if you don't have a silicone mat use an old magazine instead. Then when your done tear off the top page and its ready for the next use.

This one is for embroidering. When embroidering on knits like tshirts I never ever hoop my shirt. I hoop my stabilizer and then place my shirt on it and it is sticky enough that it holds it in place and never stretches out my fabric.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:55

I tend to make a mess while crafting and sometime I want to work on items while I watch T.V.
I bought a tri-fold accessory bag that hangs. It has clear zippered compartments. I keep pieces of cut 3/8th ribbon, alligator clip, glue stick and small flowers in the different slots & zippered areas so when I am looking for something I have it hand. I just hang it on my wood blinds so it is right next to my chair.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:31

ok this is one is a little unconventional but it works great to flatten bottlecaps - a tortilla press!! i don't have a sizzix and we have a tortilla press and thought hmmm could it work? and it did!! here's a picture of what one looks like so if you have one already bring out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cast-aluminum-tortilla-press.jpg (91.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 03-22-2011, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
ok this is one is a little unconventional but it works great to flatten bottlecaps - a tortilla press!! i don't have a sizzix and we have a tortilla press and thought hmmm could it work? and it did!! here's a picture of what one looks like so if you have one already bring out!
Omg are you serious! Where do you get your ideas from? I'm gonna go try it right now. Do you line it with anything like a light fabric or just use it like that? My mom would probably have a fit if she saw me do this
Old 03-22-2011, 02:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi453 View Post
Omg are you serious! Where do you get your ideas from? I'm gonna go try it right now. Do you line it with anything like a light fabric or just use it like that? My mom would probably have a fit if she saw me do this
lol...yep i am serious...i tried the meat mallot and it didnt work and i thought that this would and it worked! i dont line it with anything just stick them in there and press...i even have my dad doing them now for me lol
Old 03-22-2011, 03:48

I just wanna say that the person who recommended "dot a bit of hot glue to the end of a new stick when you load it. This way it does not slip back out" is a FREAKING GENIUS!!!!!

I think that every time I use this tip, and wonder why I never figured that out before

So thanks

Last edited by sarahg; 03-22-2011 at 03:51.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:19

I love this idea. I did this a while back. I bought a shower caddy from walmart. It was when they were doing the whole colorful college ready stuff. Its pink, has a handle and two big spots on either side to put stuff in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Great tips ladies!!

My tip is to make a work kit! I used to keep mine in a tool box but now I just keep it in a plastic bin with a top (it worked better for me that way!)

I keep a kit with scissors, glue gun, extra glue sticks, needle, thread, ruler, and anything else I might need for bow making and keep it in a bin. I also keep my "ribbon recipe" chart that has all of my lengths of ribbon for what size bow and all that jazz on it. This way I can throw a few spools of ribbon in and my templates and hit the road (or carry it to my den or wherever I plan to go) without having to "gather" stuff or "put it away" when I'm done!
Sponsored Links

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner