http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-15-2011, 07:36

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaredithRoberts View Post
I think I have new one!

I made a ton of spikes yesterday and didn't want to buy a metal square. I had a piece of glass lying around from a frame that I use to photograph on and used it as my guide to cut my dove tails with my wood burner! They are still time consuming, but with this and the help from Maxine and LilRedSmiles, my spikes came out perfect!
That is a great tip Maredith!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-15-2011, 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaredithRoberts View Post
I think I have new one!

I made a ton of spikes yesterday and didn't want to buy a metal square. I had a piece of glass lying around from a frame that I use to photograph on and used it as my guide to cut my dove tails with my wood burner! They are still time consuming, but with this and the help from Maxine and LilRedSmiles, my spikes came out perfect!
I'll need to remember this for next time Oh & find my small glass piece too lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlag1986 View Post
That is a great tip Maredith!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBES View Post
I'll need to remember this for next time Oh & find my small glass piece too lol.
Thanks guys! I knew I was holding on to it for some reason!

Also, it has been 147+ days since I have seen my DH, so don't expect me to be all rainbows and sunshine when you are being stupid. Oh, let us not forget the glitter.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:31

Thanks Maxine for creating this thread.

This tip has helped me with attaching Fire Cracker bows or Korkers securely to a clip. Put a small piece of coordinating ribbon (1-1/4" - 1-1/2") on the needle first before you add any of the ribbon pieces for your bow. This small piece of ribbon will be used to glue down the bow to the clip and be wrapped around and glued to the clip at the end to give it a more secure hold. Same as we do with our centers on the regular bows.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53

When using a glue gun-first put hand lotion on the tip of your fingers, then if you accidently touch the glue, all you burn is the lotion, not your skin.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFALCO16 View Post
Thanks Maxine for creating this thread.

This tip has helped me with attaching Fire Cracker bows or Korkers securely to a clip. Put a small piece of coordinating ribbon (1-1/4" - 1-1/2") on the needle first before you add any of the ribbon pieces for your bow. This small piece of ribbon will be used to glue down the bow to the clip and be wrapped around and glued to the clip at the end to give it a more secure hold. Same as we do with our centers on the regular bows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas June View Post
When using a glue gun-first put hand lotion on the tip of your fingers, then if you accidently touch the glue, all you burn is the lotion, not your skin.
Thanks so much for sharing girls!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23

I love all these ideas!! I have a floor tile that I glued a piece of felt on the bottom and have my measurements marked on it. I use my wood burner on it.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by senakate View Post
I love all these ideas!! I have a floor tile that I glued a piece of felt on the bottom and have my measurements marked on it. I use my wood burner on it.
Very smart! Thanks for sharing senakate!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by senakate View Post
GREAT idea

p.s...Afternoon Maxine how are you? I sometimes feel like I'm stalking you but you post EVERYWHERE lol.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:14

Great Tips!

Mine: In my e-mail, I have a folder that has 2011 Receipts...I put all of my paypal e-mail receipts in this folder as UNREAD. While it is unread, it means I haven't recieved it yet...once I receive the merchandise, then I mark the paypal receipt e-mail as READ. So at a glance I know how many items I am waiting on...
Sponsored Links

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner