http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36
tlag1986's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 170
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaredithRoberts View Post
I think I have new one!

I made a ton of spikes yesterday and didn't want to buy a metal square. I had a piece of glass lying around from a frame that I use to photograph on and used it as my guide to cut my dove tails with my wood burner! They are still time consuming, but with this and the help from Maxine and LilRedSmiles, my spikes came out perfect!
That is a great tip Maredith!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
  #162 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:59
RUBES's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 400
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaredithRoberts View Post
I think I have new one!

I made a ton of spikes yesterday and didn't want to buy a metal square. I had a piece of glass lying around from a frame that I use to photograph on and used it as my guide to cut my dove tails with my wood burner! They are still time consuming, but with this and the help from Maxine and LilRedSmiles, my spikes came out perfect!
I'll need to remember this for next time Oh & find my small glass piece too lol.
Reply With Quote
  #163 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:18
GARandMCR's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,611
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlag1986 View Post
That is a great tip Maredith!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBES View Post
I'll need to remember this for next time Oh & find my small glass piece too lol.
Thanks guys! I knew I was holding on to it for some reason!
__________________
There is a grave difference between supporting the war effort and those in uniform. If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Also, it has been 147+ days since I have seen my DH, so don't expect me to be all rainbows and sunshine when you are being stupid. Oh, let us not forget the glitter.
Reply With Quote
  #164 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,398
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Thanks Maxine for creating this thread.

This tip has helped me with attaching Fire Cracker bows or Korkers securely to a clip. Put a small piece of coordinating ribbon (1-1/4" - 1-1/2") on the needle first before you add any of the ribbon pieces for your bow. This small piece of ribbon will be used to glue down the bow to the clip and be wrapped around and glued to the clip at the end to give it a more secure hold. Same as we do with our centers on the regular bows.
Reply With Quote
  #165 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

When using a glue gun-first put hand lotion on the tip of your fingers, then if you accidently touch the glue, all you burn is the lotion, not your skin.
Reply With Quote
  #166 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2011, 05:24
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFALCO16 View Post
Thanks Maxine for creating this thread.

This tip has helped me with attaching Fire Cracker bows or Korkers securely to a clip. Put a small piece of coordinating ribbon (1-1/4" - 1-1/2") on the needle first before you add any of the ribbon pieces for your bow. This small piece of ribbon will be used to glue down the bow to the clip and be wrapped around and glued to the clip at the end to give it a more secure hold. Same as we do with our centers on the regular bows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas June View Post
When using a glue gun-first put hand lotion on the tip of your fingers, then if you accidently touch the glue, all you burn is the lotion, not your skin.
Thanks so much for sharing girls!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #167 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Owasso OK
Posts: 64
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

I love all these ideas!! I have a floor tile that I glued a piece of felt on the bottom and have my measurements marked on it. I use my wood burner on it.
Reply With Quote
  #168 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:39
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by senakate View Post
I love all these ideas!! I have a floor tile that I glued a piece of felt on the bottom and have my measurements marked on it. I use my wood burner on it.
Very smart! Thanks for sharing senakate!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #169 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:59
RUBES's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 400
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by senakate View Post
I love all these ideas!! I have a floor tile that I glued a piece of felt on the bottom and have my measurements marked on it. I use my wood burner on it.
GREAT idea

p.s...Afternoon Maxine how are you? I sometimes feel like I'm stalking you but you post EVERYWHERE lol.
Reply With Quote
  #170 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2011, 02:14
*tscb*'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 362
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Great Tips!

Mine: In my e-mail, I have a folder that has 2011 Receipts...I put all of my paypal e-mail receipts in this folder as UNREAD. While it is unread, it means I haven't recieved it yet...once I receive the merchandise, then I mark the paypal receipt e-mail as READ. So at a glance I know how many items I am waiting on...
__________________
Jessica
* Mother to a Princess (born 8/26/06) *A sweet little boy (born 9/8/09) * Another Princess (born and in heaven 1/6/11) *Expecting a new little one January 2012 *
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger