New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/no-bow-no-go-grip.gif http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
Unique ebooks, accessories, little pink ladybug

Clickin' Moms
10% off: FRIEND

ribbon sculpture tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-05-2011, 12:53

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

I haven't read through all the responses yet, so this might be a repeat.

My Target sells these nice, big plastic placemats. They are usually in w the holiday stuff, like at Valentine's Day or Easter. I wait until they go on clearance (there are usually still some around at 75% off), and I snap them up for like $.25 apiece. They are awesome work space protectors! I just put one on my craft table, and put my glue gun and coffee cup wood burner on it, and work away. You can cut on them, glue on them, whatever. Eventually, they get yucky from all the glue after a few months, etc. so I toss it, and grab another.

They are also awesome for craft projects for your kiddos.

Last edited by SnLMommy; 03-05-2011 at 01:16.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/littledaisywholesale.jpg
Old 03-05-2011, 04:13

I use gift boxes to store my bows in. I glue 1, 2 or even 3 strips of ribbon (depending on the size of bow) on the bottom of the box and then clip the bows on to the ribbon. Then I close it and label what's inside. Here's a picture because I probably didn't explain it very well. I hope this helps someone.
Suzie
DSC_0206.jpg
Old 03-05-2011, 04:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziesqtcreations View Post
I use gift boxes to store my bows in. I glue 1, 2 or even 3 strips of ribbon (depending on the size of bow) on the bottom of the box and then clip the bows on to the ribbon. Then I close it and label what's inside. Here's a picture because I probably didn't explain it very well. I hope this helps someone.
Suzie
Attachment 70958
OMW!! Love it!!

Also, it has been 147+ days since I have seen my DH, so don't expect me to be all rainbows and sunshine when you are being stupid. Oh, let us not forget the glitter.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:18

Quote:
Suzie
Attachment 70958
LOVE it...now all I need are some boxes lol
Old 03-05-2011, 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgapch View Post
I think I am lost I have never read in directions for stackable bows to use fabric tac. Could you explain (oh I know I am going to feel dumb) but I have to ask.
Answering this will be like another tip! It works just like other glues, but it takes a LOT longer to dry. That's why I prefer hot glue.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:27

My only tip would be to take all your JoAnn, HL, WM ribbon and put it on a cut piece of card stock to fit inside a shoe box. This way you have much less room being used with your 2-10 yard rolls. Mine are 4X4 pieces that I roll the ribbon on, and it saves so much more time looking for ribbon. I have 65 rolls right now inside a Nike box. It weighs quite a bit, but makes my ribbon more movable.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:40

Quote:
Suzie
Attachment 70958
Umm...this is exactly what I will do with all of my leftover Christmas gift boxes. I knew that I saved them for some reason!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39

I got a flat cookie sheet with a lip on one end. I turned it upside down so the lip catches on the table and it creates a space large enough to cut ribbon on and hold the glue gun. Plus the glue drips just peel off once dried. I also use a sharpie and marked lengths to cut the ribbon at. It's my perfect work space.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmachine View Post
I got a flat cookie sheet with a lip on one end. I turned it upside down so the lip catches on the table and it creates a space large enough to cut ribbon on and hold the glue gun. Plus the glue drips just peel off once dried. I also use a sharpie and marked lengths to cut the ribbon at. It's my perfect work space.
Awesome, thanks for sharing!! And welcome to HG!!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:04

I know this may sound dumb, but I use glue dots when I am making ribbon figures. It lets me play with and for a short time move the ribbon if I am not happy with where I put it. I used to do a lot of scrapbooking and have a ton of glue dots left. After a short time they are permanent and it is really hard to move the ribbon!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/lilhiccupsboutique-300.jpg

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner