New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-22-2011, 02:26

Smile Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
If you have big order that needs done ASAP give your kids a tsp of benadryl... it will allow you the peace and uninterrupted craft time.

Another time saving tip... Get off HG forum and get to work sister!

If you want to save time on lining clips pay your 11 yr old son 5 cents a clip... He may suck at first but he'll get the hang of it eventually and save you some time and time = $$.

No one get your panties in a bunch I've actually never given my kid benadryl not even for allergies.
A couple of weeks ago I posted on FB something about giving my kids Benadryl and got hounded! Totally joking. I am glad I am not the only one with this sense of humor.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 03:47

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

I dunno if this will help any one but, I have a three tier wire rolling cart that I bought last weekend and I use the top rack to hold my laptop stand and laptop, the second I just put whatever supplies I need in a bag and put in their and third is tools and fabric and I'm set for a few days so I can push it around to whatever room to be with my family!!! I been trying to manage family and bow-making and realized this helped a lot!

Also I started cutting my ribbon to lengths I would need and put them all in bags like someone had mentioned on here!

Love using the hot glue stick tip!

O also the wood burner in the mug FABULOUS! my son grabbed the mug tho after I told him hot repedetly lol but atleast it wasn't the burner itself!

Love this thread!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:16

i bought a toilet paper caddy at ross for $2 that i initially wanted to use to put headbands on but the other day i got an order for a baby tutu and well the elastic just wouldnt have fit on leg so i put the elastic there AND i would put my scraps of tulle inside of the caddy as a trash bin, that way i didnt have scraps of tulle everywhere else! you could also use a big plastic cup - i did yesterday - to put the scraps into it!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:51
lestissusbows

To better organize my work space, I got 2 shoe organizers at a resale shop
(one is much nicer and from Pottery Barn, and one is a cheapy vinyl/canvas one, but all told, I only spent $5 on both of them and they're wonderful!)

These shoe organizers are now holding my rolls of tulle!
The nicer one (pottery barn) has 10 compartments, and each compartment holds up to 2, 100 yard spools of tulle!

The uglier one (LOL) has 20 compartments, and each compartment can hold 3-4, 25 yd spools, or 1, 100 yard spool!

I don't care about my work space looking like a martha stewart magazine,
I just need it neat & organized!
I hope this idea is helpful to you guys!!
xoxo
Goose

Old 02-23-2011, 08:23

Goose those are great ideas!! Thanks for sharing them!! I've got to get better organized myself (lol @ Martha Stewart! )
Old 02-23-2011, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
i bought a toilet paper caddy at ross for $2 that i initially wanted to use to put headbands on but the other day i got an order for a baby tutu and well the elastic just wouldnt have fit on leg so i put the elastic there AND i would put my scraps of tulle inside of the caddy as a trash bin, that way i didnt have scraps of tulle everywhere else! you could also use a big plastic cup - i did yesterday - to put the scraps into it!
What a smartie you are!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:55
lestissusbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Goose those are great ideas!! Thanks for sharing them!! I've got to get better organized myself (lol @ Martha Stewart! )
You're welcome Maxine... see I make positive posts here also LOL
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestissusbows View Post
You're welcome Maxine... see I make positive posts here also LOL
And your positive posts and great ideas/tips are very welcome! Again, thanks for sharing with us
Old 02-28-2011, 10:26

If you use punches for bottlecaps, etc. and they become dull, just cut through aluminum foil several times and they will be sharp again!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:30

Me again! I thought of another one! When making covered buttons, I would get my fabric all lined up on the button front, then put it in the little "thingy" (I'm so technical...LOL) before putting the back on the button. Nine times out of ten, after I put the back on, I would look at my button and my fabric had shifted (of course this is only "relevant" when you need a design on the fabric in the center). I now just keep a glue stick handy and put a dab of glue in the center of the button before positioning my fabric. No more fabric slipping while putting on the back.
Sponsored Links

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner