New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-16-2011, 10:57

Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Mine is not for crafting but for organizing craft supplies. I use my daughter's washable markers to label my plastic bins (shoe containers for small stuff and even big bins for kufi hats, etc). I write directly on the containers and just wipe it off if I need to change the labels. No more messing with tape, paper, stickers, or what have you.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
Here's something that helps me out. ....

When I'm matching all my ribbons(for new bows) and picking out bow centers. I will precut a bunch of them out(like enough for 20 bows or more) I then put each bow in its own little pouch of an over the door shoe organizer I have hanging on my door. That way when I get the time to make them I pull a few out at a time and work on them from start to finish and all my pieces are precut including the thread to sew them and I just need to assemble them.

With my little one I have to take advantage of working standing up in the kitchen or sitting in the playroom so its nice to be able to have everything all organized on the fly...lol

All the tips I've read so far are fabulous thanks to op for starting this and for everyone that has shared..it's very nice.
I LOVE that tip!!! Will definitely be doing this from now on!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobee13 View Post
I have started making tulle wand puffs for my daughters birthday. The whole process of cutting out cardboard circles didn't go well with me one night, since I had no cardboard.

So, I whipped out my clover pom pom maker and BOOM! I had a gorgeous tulle puff. You can't make a huge puff, but big enough and keeps everything round
Very cool! So this is what you use? Is this the way you do it? I might need to try this. Can you get them at any craft store?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGd0PUWY6m0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsewdiane View Post
everyone has mentioned awesome tips! the only thing i cant think of is

lighters!---use the ones you just push down. 4 for $1 at family dollar.

not the lighters w/ the wheel, the ones with the button. hope this help someones thumb
Geez! Where was that tip last week??? LOL My thumbs could have really used that one! They were hurting!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00

These tips are great! My tip is to run your needle down an unscented candle to make your needle slide easier through a stack of material or ribbon. The wax 'lubes' it up and you do not have to worry about grease stain that you may get when using a petroleum based product.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10

I don't know if this has already been shared or not, I just found this thread a few days ago, but haven't made it all the way through to read what all is here. There is a lot!
But to help with the glue gun strings store your glue sticks in the freezer. I have definitely noticed a difference since I've been doing this!

Old 02-17-2011, 02:19

Does anyone have a tip on cutting the "v" on spikes? I have the 7/8 down but my 1.5'" needs work.

I used to use a metal ruler and cut a 45 degree angle on my slef healing mat...
Old 02-17-2011, 03:03

If you have big order that needs done ASAP give your kids a tsp of benadryl... it will allow you the peace and uninterrupted craft time.

Another time saving tip... Get off HG forum and get to work sister!

If you want to save time on lining clips pay your 11 yr old son 5 cents a clip... He may suck at first but he'll get the hang of it eventually and save you some time and time = $$.

No one get your panties in a bunch I've actually never given my kid benadryl not even for allergies.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
If you have big order that needs done ASAP give your kids a tsp of benadryl... it will allow you the peace and uninterrupted craft time.

If you want to save time on lining clips pay your 11 yr old son 5 cents a clip... He may suck at first but he'll get the hang of it eventually and save you some time and time = $$.

No one get your panties in a bunch I've actually never given my kid benadryl not even for allergies.

With your luck Jens would be one of the kids that reacted the opposite way and got WOUND UP!

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post

i know what you mean! it works wonders!

what is HG?

i tell my son if he works through the water blisters he will get 8 cents per clip and 10 cents per clip if he doesnt get blood on them

oh! i thought we were sharing our tips?!

Old 02-17-2011, 03:38

Here's another tip from lilredsmiles (she always has great ideas)

This is her tip for adding bases and spikes to bows:

Last edited by Maxine; 02-17-2011 at 03:42.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquinn73 View Post
These tips are great! My tip is to run your needle down an unscented candle to make your needle slide easier through a stack of material or ribbon. The wax 'lubes' it up and you do not have to worry about grease stain that you may get when using a petroleum based product.
Never had a grease stain, I only use a smidge on my fingers & run the needle through it but OK. I'll have to try the candle.

Sponsored Links

Tags
baby hairbow, ribbon, tips, wood burner