Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-15-2007, 03:46

Default Bow cards

Do you have your bow cards made? Order from somewhere?

I was making my own, but becasue I am now considering boutique shops, want a more professional look.

Also, how do you cut the cards for the bows to attach? Do they come precut?

I ordered some from RABOM- and they look great, but a bit small.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54

I use the postcards from Vistaprint. You can design your own from their selections or upload your own design.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:39

I'm not sure how good this will turn out, but these are my bow cards. They are the size of 2 business cards put together. I actually make a slit with a razor to the left of the girl's head. Then I slip the bow or clip on. It makes it look like the bow is sitting on her head. I use a slit on either side if I'm doing a set.

My business cards are a condensed version of this, vertical, with a 'cartoon' bow sitting on her head. I paid a decent amount of money for the cards since all I had going into it was the concept. But I'm really happy with the result. I think it helps my bows/clips stand out from the others in my area. So to me, it was worth it. I'm one of those people who will buy stuff just because I like the packaging, so I'm hoping that there are others out there like me! LOL.

Sorry, just realized that my picture is too big and I can't resize it. So go to:

www.mattrossetti.com/flash.html

Click on 'print' on the left hand side, and then click the 'identity' tab. I'm the 2nd to last 'example' on there.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08

If you go to www.buzzingbeedesigns.com Her name is Aimee and she designed everything for me. From my website down to packing labels to business cards. You can go and view all her work she has done for each person and all the add-ons that go w/ it. My bowcard isn't listed because I bought almost all the add-ons. It looks very similar to the business card. Just image it postcard sized and edit the info in the middle and leave the logo and stripes on the top. The bottom of the card has all the business info listed. I love all my stuff. The bowcards look great and I ordered the glossy finish on my business cards from vistaprint for about 4-5 extra so they would match the glossy finish on the bowcards. I hope this website helps and inspires some of you!!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:15

I also use the postcards from vista print

Old 10-15-2007, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachL View Post
I'm not sure how good this will turn out, but these are my bow cards. They are the size of 2 business cards put together. I actually make a slit with a razor to the left of the girl's head. Then I slip the bow or clip on. It makes it look like the bow is sitting on her head. I use a slit on either side if I'm doing a set.

My business cards are a condensed version of this, vertical, with a 'cartoon' bow sitting on her head. I paid a decent amount of money for the cards since all I had going into it was the concept. But I'm really happy with the result. I think it helps my bows/clips stand out from the others in my area. So to me, it was worth it. I'm one of those people who will buy stuff just because I like the packaging, so I'm hoping that there are others out there like me! LOL.

Sorry, just realized that my picture is too big and I can't resize it. So go to:

www.mattrossetti.com/flash.html

Click on 'print' on the left hand side, and then click the 'identity' tab. I'm the 2nd to last 'example' on there.

Hope that helps!
your cards are ADORABLE!!! if you dont mind me asking, but how much did they charge you? those are just tooooos stinking cute!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:44

As for pricing for my cards, I came into it with the idea of wanting a little girl's head so the bows could 'sit' on it, and I knew my 'name'. Oh yeah, I also wanted the green stripes and the little girl to look Asian (I'm Korean). So he emailed me about 8 samples of 'Asian' faces that he hand drew, and then I kind of picked what I liked and didn't like. One more thing, I knew the size of the card I wanted. He basically did the rest. Once he got the prototype down, we just did a few emails back and forth on the proofs, and he sent them to printing.

In total, it was probably about 3 weeks - more or less. So I paid for the 'creation' and then 1000 bow holding cards, and 250 business cards. It came to $342.89 for everything. The cards have a glossy finish and they're a decent card stock. I'm really happy with them. I've shown them to family/friends and have gotten really good feedback on them. Now I just need to start selling stuff! LOL.

I've been really busy the past month or so, so I haven't had the time to really pursue my bow-making ventures. I have a couple of things lined up that I just need to bring in 'stock', but I just can't seem to find the time. I know, pretty stupid of me. After this weekend, things should calm down for me and then I can get back into the bow making biz. I miss it as I think its theraputic.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys like them. Hope everyone else posts 'samples' of the cards as well! I LOVE looking at everyone's stuff! Its SO inspirational!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:52

I use VistaPrint also and i am very happy with mine. It's free and all you pay for is the shipping!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber427 View Post
Do you have your bow cards made? Order from somewhere?

I was making my own, but becasue I am now considering boutique shops, want a more professional look.

Also, how do you cut the cards for the bows to attach? Do they come precut?

I ordered some from RABOM- and they look great, but a bit small.
Mine aren't anything great. I basically just printed them on heavy card stock with my logo on the top. I will punch holes in the middle to put my clips on.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...n/IMG_1483.jpg
Old 10-16-2007, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
I really like those too..very classic and clean looking.
Thanks. Nothing special, but I don't have money to spend and I want the bow to stand out and be the focus.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg