printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-11-2011, 08:57

Default Re: What is the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy0305 View Post
Thanks!!!

Aww thank you! I always love looking at your avatar...that color combo is stunning! I don't put base bows on mine anymore, the customers didn't seem to like the base bows...and well gotta give them what they want!

Thanks.... I really like to come up with crazy combinations but I can't take the credit for this combo. A customer came over to look at all of my ribbon and grabbed the ones she liked and told me to create something with them. I had fun with it. I call it my Kristin bow because that is the name of my customer. She called me a while back and requested I make another one just like it. So I am guessing she really like it.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2011, 06:15

Quote:
Thanks!!!

Aww thank you! I always love looking at your avatar...that color combo is stunning! I don't put base bows on mine anymore, the customers didn't seem to like the base bows...and well gotta give them what they want!
I love the bow in your av too

If you don't put base bows on yours, what is on the bottom? Just the spikes?

I made a small OTT bow for Christine but I think I'd like to try one without a base bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Thanks.... I really like to come up with crazy combinations but I can't take the credit for this combo. A customer came over to look at all of my ribbon and grabbed the ones she liked and told me to create something with them. I had fun with it. I call it my Kristin bow because that is the name of my customer. She called me a while back and requested I make another one just like it. So I am guessing she really like it.
Girl, your av rocks!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39

my stacked bows just have a bottom and top bow with loops and spikes, my over the top bows have all that and then crystals feathers more crystals maybe a 1 and a half top bow tulling etc etc

i have been making what some people call ott bows for years and they are just my large bows so that is how i look at it

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 02-12-2011, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I love the bow in your av too

If you don't put base bows on yours, what is on the bottom? Just the spikes?

I made a small OTT bow for Christine but I think I'd like to try one without a base bow.

Girl, your av rocks!

Yep the clip attatches to the spikes! And it doesn't pull the spikes down or anything...but a barrette clip will more because how the barrette is shaped (that also can vary by the size of clip you use). Anyways here are some pics of what I mean lol. You can also secure the center knot to the clip's bottom side as well if you prefer that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hmmm 011.jpg (34.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg hmmm 015.jpg (32.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg hmmm 012.jpg (39.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg hmmm 014.jpg (29.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-12-2011, 12:53

Quote:
Yep the clip attatches to the spikes! And it doesn't pull the spikes down or anything...but a barrette clip will more because how the barrette is shaped (that also can vary by the size of clip you use). Anyways here are some pics of what I mean lol. You can also secure the center knot to the clip's bottom side as well if you prefer that way.
Your work is incredible! Your bows look as good upside down as they do right side up! Lovely!

Thanks so much for sharing pics with me. I think I'll try your method. Christine is so little, she really doesn't need much bulk on her tiny head
Old 02-12-2011, 01:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Your work is incredible! Your bows look as good upside down as they do right side up! Lovely!

Thanks so much for sharing pics with me. I think I'll try your method. Christine is so little, she really doesn't need much bulk on her tiny head
Thanks! Let me know how it goes!!! I wanna see pics!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:10

Quote:
Thanks! Let me know how it goes!!! I wanna see pics!
My pics suck (as do my bows!) but I'll be happy to share them with you when I make them
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04

When making OTT bows, how do you make the little bows you put on the sides? I guess I'm asking if you sew and wrap the center or shape it and hot glue it? I've messed around with a couple and put them on the sides of my bows, but sewed and wraped the center so when I attach them to the bow you see the thread when looking down on it! KWIM????
Old 02-13-2011, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashanwrn View Post
When making OTT bows, how do you make the little bows you put on the sides? I guess I'm asking if you sew and wrap the center or shape it and hot glue it? I've messed around with a couple and put them on the sides of my bows, but sewed and wraped the center so when I attach them to the bow you see the thread when looking down on it! KWIM????
I have seen it done both ways. Some will just crease the center and sew to secure it. Others just overlap and glue it. I think both ways are cute.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Stacked bows are two bows one on top of the other.

OTT are usually two bows stacked with spikes and surrounds plus all the bells and whistles you can add to it.
This is the way I define them too

Krista
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies