New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-10-2011, 04:31

Default Re: melted my korkers ribbon

this may be a stupid thought but the 275 is farenheit right? I think thats what I remember from the one lot Ive done I am by no means even nearly an expert but yea.. just a thought
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31

Wow I've never had that happen before. I bake mine at 275 for 25 minutes. I hope you get it figured out.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36

This is what I fear most and why I haven't tried making korkers yet. I am so sorry.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:45

Oh wow, I set my oven to 280 sometimes 300, and have left the korkers in for an hour with no problems..... those are pretty burned
Old 02-10-2011, 05:08

Holy cow...that's crazy! I have never seen ribbon melt like that! I always put korker ribbon in the oven @ 275 for atleast 30 minutes. Sometimes I leave it in longer when I'm in the middle of doing something and don't feel like getting up. I hope it doesn't happen to you again! Good luck next time!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:12

my best guess is you had it on broil and not bake. I usually bake my korkers at 275 for about 35 minutes, and i've never had a problem.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugabugzboutique View Post
Wow, I usually bake mine 250 for 30 minutes but have left them up to an hour! Never had them melt! Try putting a thermometer in your oven to see what the true temp is.
Me too! I have forgoten about them before and they have never melted! I dont know!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I am so sorry! Wow, those are really burnt!

Are you sure someone didn't accidentally turn up the heat on the oven while they were in there baking?

Yeah, bc I was the only one home besides my 10 mo old :O) I had it on preheat and then turned it over to bake and when I checked the oven and saw that they had melted (after 10-15 min).. I saw the temp was between 250-300 degrees.. that's why I was surprised it melted...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugabugzboutique View Post
Wow, I usually bake mine 250 for 30 minutes but have left them up to an hour! Never had them melt! Try putting a thermometer in your oven to see what the true temp is.

I did have a thermometer in there.. but I am going to buy a new one tomorrow and then preheat my oven and then check my temp and see if it is hotter.. I think my oven runs hot anyways..

thanks for the help :O)
Old 02-10-2011, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhite214 View Post
Hmmm...thought of something else, could there any chance you had the broiler on? Like some of the pp I have left my ribbon in at 270* for close to and hour and nothing happened to it.

I was thinking that too.. but my bake setting is at 1pm (think like a clock) and my broil setting is at 5 pm.. so I know it wasn't on the wrong setting.. I am going to buy a new thermometer and see what happens ... thanks for the suggestions :O)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies