printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-09-2011, 04:39

Default Best free tut for tutu's and what kind of tulle?

I was debating about trying a few of these and matching them with bows ect... I have sold some of my stuff at a near by boutique. I am not sure about getting into yet another project. I tend to jump all over the place. It's my add. So I would like to try a free tut if possible. Probably only hand sewing or no sew. I was wondering do you buy the tulle by the yard or on the spools. I see HL is half of this week. So it would be the week to try!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 04:46

Default Re: Best free tut for tutu's and what kind of tulle?

i use the spools that way i dont have to be measuring and cutting strips...you can use a piece of cardboard measured out to the length that you want the tutu and then wind your tulle around that and just cut once...the no sew is really easy to do, take the tulle in half and put the 'eye' of the tulle behind the elastic and put the 'tails' of the tulle thru the eye and pull and thats it!!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:09

You could make me cry with that 'tulle is half off at HL this week'. My car is broke down and my next project is tulle wands!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
i use the spools that way i dont have to be measuring and cutting strips...you can use a piece of cardboard measured out to the length that you want the tutu and then wind your tulle around that and just cut once
I have also read about some ladies using a cookie sheet as their template.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:22

I use tulle by the bolt. I always have (past 4 years) and love it. I find it easier to store because I buy 50 yard bolts. I also think it's cheaper. I pay $20 for a 50 yard bolt of tulle made here in the US. I can cut enough tulle for a tutu in less than 2 minutes.
Yvonne
Old 02-10-2011, 09:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braids'nBows View Post
You could make me cry with that 'tulle is half off at HL this week'. My car is broke down and my next project is tulle wands!

I am sorry, I hope it gets fixed before saturday! Is the tulle at HL good, not to scratchy. Any ideas where to buy the best tulle?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
I use tulle by the bolt. I always have (past 4 years) and love it. I find it easier to store because I buy 50 yard bolts. I also think it's cheaper. I pay $20 for a 50 yard bolt of tulle made here in the US. I can cut enough tulle for a tutu in less than 2 minutes.
Yvonne
Where do you buy tulle like this?

Any favorite tuts?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
Where do you buy tulle like this?

Any favorite tuts?
I get it from a company in NJ. I have to buy 10 bolts of the color to get that price or it's $25 a bolt. There is also a local shop that carries their tulle and I can get it for $21 a bolt. I usually order 10 of my top 2-3 most popular colors then buy the others local. It seems like I have been doing this so long that I can't even remember what tutorial I used now. I taught myself tge fastest and easiest way to cut the tulle.
Yvonne
Old 02-12-2011, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
i use the spools that way i dont have to be measuring and cutting strips...you can use a piece of cardboard measured out to the length that you want the tutu and then wind your tulle around that and just cut once...the no sew is really easy to do, take the tulle in half and put the 'eye' of the tulle behind the elastic and put the 'tails' of the tulle thru the eye and pull and thats it!!

UGH! Wrap it on cardboard!?!?! GENIUS!! Now where were you two tutus ago!?!?! haha Thanks for the GREAT tip!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
Yvonne
What is the trick to cutting tulle on a bolt?? Im trying to make a dress for my DD and I am nothaving any luck
Sponsored Links