new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-08-2011, 10:31

Default No really cute bows at Disneyland

Sorry mods, I have no clue where to put this!

I went to Disney on Sunday. We have passes and go often, but I just recently got into bows. There were no cute bows on the little girls! I saw a few solid small korkers and some solid boutiques, but that's about it. No OTT, no stacked, no mouse head ribbon. I was totally expecting to see all these really cute ones, but nope.

I did see one very cute pillowcase dress. It was red, yellow, and black, but even that little one didn't have a cute bow.

Now that I think about it I don't think I've seen really OTT or stacked bows in real life. I will be keeping my eyes open. If I'm having a girl I will definitely be bringing them to our area!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37

Default Re: No really cute bows at Disneyland

I made the very same post back in early December. We went to WDW and there were no bows there... it was kind of weird actually.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46

It's not unusual for around here in southern Ca. Little girls in this area just don't wear the big stacked or OTT bows, and I don't even bother making them because they never sell. I even have a hard time with korkers!! I'll sell the occasional set of pinwheels, but not many twisteds. Most of the mothers around here buy their girls clippies (incl. Mickey!) and flowers.

We had Disney passes last year and went around 20 times (no kidding, we have toddlers so we did half days!) and I could count on one hand the amount of times I saw any of the fancy bows or korkers!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:20

I think that is so weird! Almost every trip we make to Disney, I notice tons of boutique outfits & bows. I was surprised by the amount of stacked & OTT bows last time because I never see people locally wearing either, but I figured it was more than likely just the tourists.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09

We went to WDW last year in July and there weren't many little ones wearing super cute bows and outfits either, except... Alyssa! A few people stopped and asked where her outfits were from. We did go casual a few days only because riding some of the rides in a dress with a large boutique bow hanging to the side was a little hard LOL.
I'm wondering if some of the mommys that aren't as crafty may not really think about the cute outfits and bows until they actually see them on another child? KWIM?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/alyssa232007
Old 02-08-2011, 09:47

We are in So Cal, and also have the Disney passes, when we head out I swear, my DD is the ONLY one I ever see decked out in her OTT bows or M2M Disney korkers. Kinda weird, but she / "we" get a lot of attention in my area, many clients are wanting the HUGE stacked, blinged out bows.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:56

went over the summer...I didnt see any cute bows
Old 02-08-2011, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
I think that is so weird! Almost every trip we make to Disney, I notice tons of boutique outfits & bows. I was surprised by the amount of stacked & OTT bows last time because I never see people locally wearing either, but I figured it was more than likely just the tourists.
I have to say that on all the trips we make there (over eleventy billion at last count lol ) I don't really see a lot of bows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa23 View Post
We went to WDW last year in July and there weren't many little ones wearing super cute bows and outfits either, except... Alyssa! A few people stopped and asked where her outfits were from. We did go casual a few days only because riding some of the rides in a dress with a large boutique bow hanging to the side was a little hard LOL.
I'm wondering if some of the mommys that aren't as crafty may not really think about the cute outfits and bows until they actually see them on another child? KWIM?
You know what we usually see the most of? Those princess gowns! You know, from Bippity Boppity Boo? That boutique where they dress them all up. The park is literally CRAWLING with those outfits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautibows View Post
We are in So Cal, and also have the Disney passes, when we head out I swear, my DD is the ONLY one I ever see decked out in her OTT bows or M2M Disney korkers. Kinda weird, but she / "we" get a lot of attention in my area, many clients are wanting the HUGE stacked, blinged out bows.
I have to say, I never see any OTT bows here in SoFla. The only bows I really see are the ones on Christine's head. I mean, there are probably some around, but not big ones.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05

I'm in So Cal. No one here wears the big OTT bows. It bums me out because I LOVE to make them, but they never sell. The biggest I can go is like 3.5" with spikes and surrounds. Anything bigger, people aren't into. I keep TRYING to bring the trend around to these lil' girls but so far the "bigger is better" mentality just doesn't work for around here....

***All proceeds from sales go towards medical costs for "Angel" Audrey***
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07

So funny! I thought the same exact thing when we went in November. I stayed up late on night making her a minnie mouse pillowcase dress (with applique and removable bow) & matching OTT bow. She was the only one with a big bow on her head! Most of the girls had clippies, if anything in their hair at all.

We just moved to SoCal from the coastal Carolinas, where a child is born with a bow on their head. You NEVER see a girl without a matching bow! It is funny because my daughter does not leave the house without a bow or flower on her head (she is only 3 and knows to pick one out in the morning). On a plus side, most of her little girlfriends now want to wear bows like hers, so it has brought me more business...lol
Sponsored Links