new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-06-2011, 10:37

Post Crochet waistband tutu question...

I have made a couple of tutu's using a crochet headband as the waist. However, I don't think I'm tying it correctly. The tulle sticks straight up. Can someone help me figure out how to tie it so that it will lay down. I cannot stack layers when it's all sticking upwards. Very annoying! haha! Also, in looking at other photos, I have noticed that everyone else's knots are nice and thick. My knots are small and puny. Any help would be great! Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 01:58

Arrow Re: Crochet waistband tutu question...

I know for my three layer crochet waistband tutu I tied a slip knot but now I do a double knot and I love it! It looks wonderful! I don't like the slip knot version any more. When I do mine I do the layer then skip a row or two then do the next color etc... I don't know what u mean by "sticks straight up" mine lays down you also have to move your knot down too or in other words rearrange it. Hope that helps!

Natashia
www.facebook.com/GlitzyGlitterBug
Old 02-07-2011, 09:57

Default Re: Crochet waistband tutu question...

I used a double knot and even after rearranging my knot, each strand of tulle would separate and one of the pieces would stick upwards. I couldn't get it to lay down. The best I could get was the whole tutu standing straight out to the sides. They just looked awful. I'm a photographer, and I just thought making the tutu's would save me a little money in props, but not if I have to keep remaking them! haha!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:03

Also, when you say "double knot", just to be clear, do you mean a double overhand knot, or two knots? I tried a double overhand knot. I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing :-)
Old 02-14-2011, 01:36

I do the Eagle scout way lol I wrap the tulle around non roll elastic then I say this over and over in my head till I'm finished "left over right, right over left." I'm a weirdo but that is what my hubby said to do and I love it!! I also think I just figured out how to do multiple layered tutu's using the double Knot! Also, how long was the tulle you were using that could be some of the reason y it stood straight out.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:25

When I tie my knots I kind of pull downwards as im tying....hth
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.

Tags
crochet headband, crochet top tutu dress, tutu, tutu skirt