key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-05-2011, 08:49

Default Re: Gator bite.. how does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I've always wondered if the GB was something that I might need. But what is its purpose if you have to use another clip before putting it in the GB?? Can you use it on the twisted bows? Thats where I would need one. I have tried the big clip from Sally's but it seems to move a little when I put the clip on, like Maxine said was happening to her.
I've had lots of success with my sally clip but you know what's funny? Out of the entire package of 6, only 3 of them actually have a firm grip. Weird, huh?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:26

I had the same problem Maxine! I bought it months ago, thinking it would help me with my crease, but I can't stand the thing! Plus I like to sew my bows! When I bought the GB, it came with organza ribbon to tie them off with........yuck!!!!!!!!!! That's one of my main problems with TBB, I can get the loops but when I go to sew up the middle somehow I mess it up!! I must be doing something wrong! I got so frustrated with the GB, that I threw it one day and never went to look for it!!!!! So it's somewhere in my "Ribbon Room" just dont know where!!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashanwrn View Post
I had the same problem Maxine! I bought it months ago, thinking it would help me with my crease, but I can't stand the thing! Plus I like to sew my bows! When I bought the GB, it came with organza ribbon to tie them off with........yuck!!!!!!!!!! That's one of my main problems with TBB, I can get the loops but when I go to sew up the middle somehow I mess it up!! I must be doing something wrong! I got so frustrated with the GB, that I threw it one day and never went to look for it!!!!! So it's somewhere in my "Ribbon Room" just dont know where!!!!
I tried working with my gator for 3 hours so far today I don't think I made any real progress. I did move the bow closer to the bottom of the bite (where it opens) and that seems to have marginally helped.

Then I tried it using a double ribbon bow. No way would it work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong (sigh)
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44

Quote:
I've always wondered if the GB was something that I might need. But what is its purpose if you have to use another clip before putting it in the GB??
I could try to explain it but if you click the YouTube video below and fast forward to about 1 minute into it you'll see how the regular metal salon clip keeps everything together long enough to get the Gator Bite on it. In contrast, the Gator Bite is designed to hold everything together while you are tying the bow off. I would think that very few people could do that with a salon clip alone ... you would need to be really coordinated to keep anything from slipping.

Quote:
Can you use it on the twisted bows?
Yes.

Quote:
LookAtMeBaby.com - How to Make Boutique Hair Bows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEWQN...eature=related
Kel
Old 02-05-2011, 05:12

I am so glad i read all of this i thought about ordering one thinking it would be helpful but i think i have enough problems without adding another one thanks everyone. and Maxine i hope it works for you soon
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesnbugsmommy View Post
I am so glad i read all of this i thought about ordering one thinking it would be helpful but i think i have enough problems without adding another one thanks everyone. and Maxine i hope it works for you soon
So many people here love their gator bite... that's what prompted me to finally purchase one.

Between the gb and me, I'm sure it's me who has the problem lol I'm going to really try and learn how to use it (otherwise, it'll be destashed soon!)
Old 02-08-2011, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Maxine, I replied to the other thread you posted in. I would be happy to make a tutorial showing how to do it, but I can't do it tonight. My daughter is having a double sleep over and it is very busy here tonight! lol
I hope your offer is still good hon ~ I'm still having trouble I just can't seem to make a tight knot (sigh).
Old 02-09-2011, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I hope your offer is still good hon ~ I'm still having trouble I just can't seem to make a tight knot (sigh).
So sorry! I was so busy the past few days with other stuff. But last night I got an order for some large basic boutique bows (4" wide) so those are perfect to show. The other day I took pics of how I use the gator bite to hold and tie itty bitty boutique bows so I'll post those too. When I get home from work later I'll do it.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
So sorry! I was so busy the past few days with other stuff. But last night I got an order for some large basic boutique bows (4" wide) so those are perfect to show. The other day I took pics of how I use the gator bite to hold and tie itty bitty boutique bows so I'll post those too. When I get home from work later I'll do it.
Wow, that'll be great!! Thanks hon!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:07

Oh I'd love to see how it works. I've been debating since most of my Sally clips don't have a tight grip. Does it work if you sew, though? I prefer to sew my bows.
Sponsored Links