printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2008, 03:50

Default Ideas for boys???

I was wondering if anyone makes anything for little boys??? And would share their ideas?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-26-2008, 04:28

Default Re: Ideas for boys???

With my leftover ribbon that I know I won't use I make a headband Rambo style if my little boy wants something with ribbon.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:36

I have thought about this too! I don't know about ribbon projects for boys, but I do have some ideas for sewing projects for boys (crayon and coloring book totes, diaper and wipes holders, etc) but haven't done anything yet... It is on my VERY LONG to do list....
Old 04-26-2008, 05:20

For my craft show this fall I am making some boy style bottlecap/jibbitz for their crocs.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:58

I forget where I saw or heard this idea but somewhere there is ribbon belts with the d ring clasp on the from i thought that was pretty cool
Old 04-28-2008, 04:39

I know if someone could come up with something for boys they could hit the jackpot. At a recent craft show I did there were booths with everything for girls but nothing for boys. All the moms and grandma's would walk by and complain about this.

Surely we can come up with something!!!! I only have girls and only girls in our family. But, I will keep thinking!!

Angelia
Old 04-28-2008, 06:04

here I found a pic of what I am talking about this is not mine I have not attempted one yet but I think I might!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belt.jpg (21.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-29-2008, 12:40

I was thinking about this too. My idea (haven't had time to do it yet though) was to make a scrapbook/picture book for my son and use pictures of my husbands family inside because they don't live near by. On the outside I thought to cover it in fabric and then try to make some of the animals or farm things on the front of it out of ribbon. I think this would also sell well for those of you that do craft shows. Maybe you could do a ballerina one for girls, farm for boys, or an ocean scene for either. My mind is always working on these things I just never have time for my hands to follow through!!! LOL
Old 04-29-2008, 01:34

I've been thinking about the same thing, what to do for boys.... since I've been busy with bottlecaps and had my son's input, I've come up with ideas and started a thread a little while back: project for boys
The bottlecaps and keyfobs are great for boys and they even requested some flip flops LOL - my 11 yo said he loves the "raggedy looking ones" - they have fabric straps over the top - we can do that with ribbon!! Although, it goes against anything I usually do with it - it's like the ANTI-fraycheck lets-leave-it-raggedy-on-purpose thing - eech... LOL

Sabine
Old 04-29-2008, 08:55

I made Backpack charms for the boys in my class for Christmas. I attached them to spring clips and they hung them on the zipper pulls on their backpacks. I made cars, trucks, tractors, cows, other animals, and collegiate designs. They loved them. I teach first grade by the way. I made regular bows for the girls.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg