http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-01-2011, 02:06

Question antena for butterflies and such

so the season is quickly approaching where i will be making a lot of butterflies and various other little bugs in the past i have made my attena using ribbon but this is a severe PITA which is probably why i dont make them more so i have seen some of you use these little stem type things with like small beads or pearls on the end i can picture them but can not for the life of me think of what they are called so i can order some (what can i say lack of sleep has seriously deprvied my mental function ) but i knew on of you nice HG's could help me out TIA
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:24

Default Re: antena for butterflies and such

look in the wedding section. with all the single flowers. i bought some there that have pearl teardrops attached to a white wire on both ends. then i just cut them in half, and you get antennas

Old 02-01-2011, 02:25

forgot to say i found those at hobby lobby...

Old 02-01-2011, 02:52

Search for flower stamens. You might try wedding flower stamens or floral stamens. I have also bought them at hobby Lobby and Micheals in wedding section. hth
Old 02-01-2011, 03:06

sadly no HL here but i will go see about Michaels and if not there my mother in law is coming in a couple weeks and i will have her pick me up a huge list of supplies i want from there
Old 02-02-2011, 01:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsewdiane View Post
look in the wedding section. with all the single flowers. i bought some there that have pearl teardrops attached to a white wire on both ends. then i just cut them in half, and you get antennas
Wouldn't the wire be a hazard to children? I would be worried it would poke them. Maybe I worry too much..lol
Old 02-02-2011, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittlemonsters View Post
Wouldn't the wire be a hazard to children? I would be worried it would poke them. Maybe I worry too much..lol
The ones I bought did not have wire in them. It is like a twine that is waxed to make it stiff and then has the pearl on the end.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by slwleigh View Post
The ones I bought did not have wire in them. It is like a twine that is waxed to make it stiff and then has the pearl on the end.
that is exactly what i am looking for i'm going to check out Michaels later today thank you so much i just couldnt figure out what they were called my brain wasnt working
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesnbugsmommy View Post
sadly no HL here but i will go see about Michaels and if not there my mother in law is coming in a couple weeks and i will have her pick me up a huge list of supplies i want from there
There is one in va but the drive is sooooo long....i wish they would make one closer
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeree View Post
There is one in va but the drive is sooooo long....i wish they would make one closer
WOW i seriously didnt know that but i just looked it up its in glen allen so im thinking one of these days may have to take a road trip and stock up when they are having a sale or something thanks for the info and yes there needs to be one in hampton roads area!
Sponsored Links