New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-31-2011, 10:34

Default Re: Worth the money..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
I wish she had more sizes in her templates for them because I use NBNG for my twisted and have to mix and try to match the surrounds from hers. I need to make them in different sizes. Just haven't yet.
I tried making a freehand surround this past weekend and it turned out ok. I have to remember to try the templates. I haven't really made a stacked bow yet, so I've got some time to learn.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23

I love it! So worth the money!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:29

I have both, firts I bought it NBNG... then I saw an ads of Twisted BBM System and decided to use because looks more easy to make them in that way than Figure 8 method or wrap it from NBNG.

But BBM are kind of time consuming and hard to keep the ribbon in the template as Sweet Cheeck said, and for me every single time I try to make them the loops was uneven, I've tried and tried but no success.

Anyway... so I decided to try NBNG again (wrap it system) and... it's work!!!!finally I got my twisted bows!!!

I voted for NBNG is worth it!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34

I have the NBNG and couldnt make a twisted to save my LIFE! I now do the figure eight with the gator bite. I also tie off with embroidery floss and stitch through but they look perfect almost everytime!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
Is there an HG coupon code for the NBNG?
The only discount I could find was NBNG10 which gives you 10% off. If there's another one out there I'd love to know what it is
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelbenitez View Post
I have both, firts I bought it NBNG... then I saw an ads of Twisted BBM System and decided to use because looks more easy to make them in that way than Figure 8 method or wrap it from NBNG.

But BBM are kind of time consuming and hard to keep the ribbon in the template as Sweet Cheeck said, and for me every single time I try to make them the loops was uneven, I've tried and tried but no success.

Anyway... so I decided to try NBNG again (wrap it system) and... it's work!!!!finally I got my twisted bows!!!

I voted for NBNG is worth it!!!

What she said ^^^^

I also have both. I bought the NBNG first and then the BBM. I thought the BBM would be faster and easier, but I can't seem to make one with even loops with the BBM! I am always fumbling with the ribbon.....it feels like I have 5 thumbs when I try to use the BBM.

Honestly I think both are good templates, I guess it is just a matter of practice to them to turn out perfect
Old 02-01-2011, 01:46

I really think it is a matter of a LOT of practice and playing around till you find a method that works best for you.

I love love love love my NBNG templates. It took me awhile to get it though. I never thought I'd get the twisted right and then I just decided one day... "I'm gonna get this right.." and I tried and I tried and I tried. And finally one day it just clicked. lol
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09

I say if you can afford to buy it, and it would be worth it to you if it does what you think it should, try it! If it doesn't work out for you, I'm sure you'd have no trouble "destashing it to another HG member. I, personally plan to buy the BBM ultimate kit soon. Everyone's different, and I think it has a lot more to do with how you process instructions/direction than which is "better". I have researched all the template kits to the point my head hurt.... the NBNG and BBM both have great reviews.
Good luck, hope it works out for you. Either way, don't give up
Old 02-01-2011, 04:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMyasCloset View Post
The only discount I could find was NBNG10 which gives you 10% off. If there's another one out there I'd love to know what it is
yeah thats the only one i could find too. i thought maybe there was a special onw for hg like you see on some ads around here.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishedbrat View Post
I say if you can afford to buy it, and it would be worth it to you if it does what you think it should, try it! If it doesn't work out for you, I'm sure you'd have no trouble "destashing it to another HG member. I, personally plan to buy the BBM ultimate kit soon. Everyone's different, and I think it has a lot more to do with how you process instructions/direction than which is "better". I have researched all the template kits to the point my head hurt.... the NBNG and BBM both have great reviews.
Good luck, hope it works out for you. Either way, don't give up
You bring up a very good point about how people process instructions. I have the full blown, pink binder set of BBM instructions and they're probably among some of the best written. However, when it comes to making an actual bow, I have trouble with the templates. I actually make my twisteds by hand.

And sweetcheek also brought up a good point. JustDaisy's tut has gotten a lot of very positive reviews here. That might be an option to consider as well.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies