ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-25-2008, 10:42

Default braided headband, I DID it!

sort of First can I just say, I never realized until a week ago that 'bows' were such a big thing. You would not believe how many websites there are for them lol! I only found out because I was looking at a youtube video on how to tie pretty bows for my CARDS! I came across one for lacey's bowdacious bows or something to that affect that showed the cutest little hairbows. I went to look at them and about died at the price. After that it was a hunt to find diy instructions......so, my older dd is 9 and not really into bows, and I wanted to try the cute braided headbands, but couldn't find any free instructions. i broke down and bought them off of here, but i kept staring at them, sure I couldn't do it. Tonite, I finally broke down and gave it a try and hot dog I did it! So, It's not perfect, not as tight as I'd like, I didn't seal the ribbon, and I didn't have any glue (so I tacked the initial loop down with a few stitches), it's not BEAUTIFUL, but I got it! and I am sure when I do it right and for Real, it will be awesome! yay me! I am so excited, and it is my First Bow project ever as I haven't made a single stinking thing yet. I keep looking on here, going OOOOO I want to make that, and that,.......tee hee!
ok, will finish up now, when dh brings the camera back, I will try to post a pic of the finished deal!
thanks for listening ladies, I know you understand....dh doesn't get it at all!
tracyg
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-25-2008, 11:43

Default Re: braided headband, I DID it!

Great and if you need any help please dont hesitate to ask me....
Tanya
Old 04-25-2008, 11:55

Congrats! How long did it take you? I haven't attempted this yet either, but I've been wanting to.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:37

10 minutes max to get it started and figure out what I was doing. It's kind of like how when you want to learn to crochet and you learn the chain stitch but never get beyond it lol...all you can do is the chain stitch...i've got this really long braided chain now, because it's so cool and fun and I keep playing with it. I just used some ribbon I had around that I got from walmart for 50c
a spool to use for my cards. I just unraveled the whole two spools (mini spools). So, once I get the proper glue etc. I will just cut off the little ends I stitched and start over. I think the hardest most time consuming part will be the ends, finishing up the braid. I haven't tried that yet, it looks a bit intimidating, but hot dog, I'm high on success!
give it a whirl! good luck!
hugs
tracyg
Old 04-26-2008, 12:44

oh, I just discovered something while sitting here. you have to be careful to make sure your loops are always folded the same direction. I noticed that part of it looked different, or off, when I unraveled it, I realized that I had been making my loop up and back (I know, clear as mud?), but partway thru I switched without realizing it and starting making my loop up and around.... oh well, caught it! good luck all!
tracyg
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif