printed bottle caps fabric tape stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-05-2011, 12:52
Default Re: Interchangable Bottlecaps for Bows?

Originally Posted by mommy_to_2 View Post
will these work? their from wal mart. to me they feel more rubbery but their magnetic,

I used those for my "test run" of bottle cap clippies on my girls and they did not hold the caps. One girl lost hers . I think I am going to order the rare earth magnets from etsy or ebay as suggested by other ladies.
Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13

Just wondering if anyone has tried velcro to do this?

I think its a great idea but I didn't really like the idea of super strong magnets (cost, damage to electronics, being on a childs head, etc). So I was thinking of other ways.

I took a felt circle (like you use for feet of furniture) attached it to the bottlecap then hot glued a circular velcro strip to that. Then in the center of the bow I hot glued the other part of the velcro.

So far it seems to work great BUT my daughter is only 6 months so I cant try it on her for durability.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if the velcro holds up.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:42

Good idea using the velco on the bow. I am going to try that My first plan didn't work...

I attached a blank bottlecap to a bow as usual and then put a velcro dot in the center and a velcro dot on the back of an image with the dome on top. Didn't work
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02

Originally Posted by KayeLle View Post
been thinking of doing this for a while.
Do you add one megnet to bow. or could you add a washer like you to the necklace and add magnets to the caps so they are interchangeable with the bow and necklace? or would the bow become too heavy? anyone try that?
I know this is an old post, but I found it while searching for something else. I'm JUST in the process of making these for a show I have next month. I glued a washer to the bow center. It's not too heavy, but right now, I only have done basic bows (not stacked).

For the bottle cap, I glued (E6000) a wood disc to the inside of the cap, then glued a magnet to the disc. I think they will go over well.

notes on the discs:
1. If I really want, I can paint them to match the bow/cap color.
2. I bought a 1" dowel and my hubby cut out all the discs. MUCH cheaper than the furniture plugs that others use.
Sponsored Links