http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-03-2011, 08:23

Default Re: Interchangable Bottlecaps for Bows?

One of the biggest magnet sellers on ebay warns buyers...

Please keep away from younger children and pets - these are NOT for children.

Q: Are these safe for kids and pets?

Kids and animals like to eat things. It would be advisable to keep these toys, and any toys with small parts for that matter away from little ones and pets. A "creature" that swallows more than 2 of these can get them bound together in the gut causing some issues and concerns. Neodymium magnets can be brittle and care should be taken that these do not fly together with too much force.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheek View Post
See I keep going back and forth on the chocking hazard too. I mean your right about several things/all our things being a chocking hazard, but the whole magnet thing gets me. I REALLY want to do a set with several of the bottle caps to offer, but I am torn with the magnet. Ugh..I definitely dont want to get sued.
I haven't sold any yet, so I haven't looked into it. I know magnets can be dangerous. Maybe they can only be sold for children over 3? I'm not sure. What do all the people that sell bottle cap jewelry (the interchangable chokers) do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
One of the biggest magnet sellers on ebay warns buyers...

Please keep away from younger children and pets - these are NOT for children.

Q: Are these safe for kids and pets?

Kids and animals like to eat things. It would be advisable to keep these toys, and any toys with small parts for that matter away from little ones and pets. A "creature" that swallows more than 2 of these can get them bound together in the gut causing some issues and concerns. Neodymium magnets can be brittle and care should be taken that these do not fly together with too much force.
Thanks for posting Maxine!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:49

You're welcome Faigie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
I haven't sold any yet, so I haven't looked into it. I know magnets can be dangerous. Maybe they can only be sold for children over 3? I'm not sure. What do all the people that sell bottle cap jewelry (the interchangable chokers) do?
Good question! I'd like to know the answer to this myself.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:21

I made some of these months ago but I did it a little differently. I to used a washer. I took a piece of 3/8th ribbon to use as my center, instead of making a knot and slid the washer onto the ribbon and then glued the ribbon on just as I normally do. If you make them this the bow is really only to be used with a bottle cap magnet on it or you will see the washer.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
I made some of these months ago but I did it a little differently. I to used a washer. I took a piece of 3/8th ribbon to use as my center, instead of making a knot and slid the washer onto the ribbon and then glued the ribbon on just as I normally do. If you make them this the bow is really only to be used with a bottle cap magnet on it or you will see the washer.
So where is the magnet???
Old 04-03-2011, 04:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendymom View Post

Thanks for posting Maxine!
See Im thinking over 3 too. I mean how many toys do you buy that say they are for children older than your own? I buy tons! I mean I watch DD and I make sure that I dont leave her with things that might be a problem in anyway. KWIM? Like she loves wearing "beads"...well, she takes them off when she naps obviously! I just dont know how much this falls into our responsibility as the seller? Ugghhh...I guess I wont then. And I would like to know about the chokers too...maybe an age "requirement" on the packaging?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:48

I am thinking that if you put a small washer under the center ribbon, then you can use the same bottle caps you use for the chokers and I would put a sticker or something on the card or packaging letting ppl know there is a magnet in the item or used with the item
Old 04-03-2011, 10:03

this is a great idea overall! although u guys r scaring me with the choking hazard thing. although like someone else mentioned, everything we sell is a potential choking hazard. i have yet to even try bottle caps yet though so i will first have to make my bottlecaps!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I am thinking that if you put a small washer under the center ribbon, then you can use the same bottle caps you use for the chokers and I would put a sticker or something on the card or packaging letting ppl know there is a magnet in the item or used with the item
Allison, can you elaborate? I'm not familiar with the washer/chokers situation. In my head, I was going to put the magnet on the bow itself (under the center ribbon) and just have a plain bottlecap - it would stick directly to the magnet. Are the chokers done differently?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:13

will these work? their from wal mart. to me they feel more rubbery but their magnetic,

Sponsored Links