http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-31-2011, 06:54

Default Re: Interchangable Bottlecaps for Bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapintwinmama View Post
I never thought about this! Another thing to add to my list as well!!! First Maxine with the korkers.. and now this haha!
You're going to do great with those korkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
Thanks so much m5! I'm adding this to my to do list! I love the idea of swapping out bcs
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
Thanks for the info! Uh oh I ordered the 1/2" do you think it'll be too big??
No that should be just fine.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:12

You can get magnets from www.kjmagnetics.com. They have strong disc magnets. I use glue & sew them to make sure they are attached. You never know with kids. They are reasonalbly priced & they ship fast. I placed an order on Thursday evening late & they sent them to UPS on Friday.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy totz View Post
You can get magnets from www.kjmagnetics.com. They have strong disc magnets. I use glue & sew them to make sure they are attached. You never know with kids. They are reasonalbly priced & they ship fast. I placed an order on Thursday evening late & they sent them to UPS on Friday.
How do you sew magnets?? They have like a hole in the middle?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
Magnets are rated on their strength, depending on what you are using them for you buy a certain power. So a 10 is very very strong. Usually it has it on either the front or the back of the package.

Thanks for that info! I bought the black magnets in the craft section at Walmart and made a clippie for my girls with their monogram on it and they wore them to the zoo today. Sadly, one girl's bottle cap came off and got lost

So I was wondering where I can get stronger magnets from for a great price. Where do you guys get yours and how much are they for how many? I want to make sure I get the my bottle cap clippies just right before selling them.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:35

there are tooons of ppl who sellthem on etsy.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:30

Quote:
there are tooons of ppl who sellthem on etsy.

Did you try it? Howd it work? I am SO back and forth with this idea.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:49

I've done a few of these for a customer.... the problem is that I love to match colors of my caps to the bows, so what color do you make the bows if you're going to do interchangeable caps???

Plus, for the discussion about the magnets- I've used both the Walmart variety as well as the super strong ones from Etsy sellers. The Etsy ones are much better for this job, but they're tiny and could be a major swallowing hazard if they come loose. I'm nervous about selling bows/ caps to young girls with those tiny magnets. Any other ideas???

Although it is a great idea for getting customers to return.... they love the bow, they'll have to come back to you for more caps

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply...61106710614402
Old 04-02-2011, 04:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheek View Post
Did you try it? Howd it work? I am SO back and forth with this idea.
I made one. I get so caught up with all my new ideas I tend to forget about stuff lol! I need to make 5 of them for my cousin's bday party in May... they will be pink bows with a Pinkalicious bottle cap and an initial bottle cap for each girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Stitching View Post
I've done a few of these for a customer.... the problem is that I love to match colors of my caps to the bows, so what color do you make the bows if you're going to do interchangeable caps???

Plus, for the discussion about the magnets- I've used both the Walmart variety as well as the super strong ones from Etsy sellers. The Etsy ones are much better for this job, but they're tiny and could be a major swallowing hazard if they come loose. I'm nervous about selling bows/ caps to young girls with those tiny magnets. Any other ideas???

Although it is a great idea for getting customers to return.... they love the bow, they'll have to come back to you for more caps

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply...61106710614402
I make one bow with 2 or 3 caps to match - it comes as a set. I don't sell just the bottlecaps. About the choking hazard... almost everything we sell has a choking hazard. There is a warning on all my listings and on my display cards. That is the parent's obligation. These things should not be anywhere near a child's mouth, and they should never be worn while sleeping, in car seats, etc.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:38

Quote:
I made one. I get so caught up with all my new ideas I tend to forget about stuff lol! I need to make 5 of them for my cousin's bday party in May... they will be pink bows with a Pinkalicious bottle cap and an initial bottle cap for each girl.

I make one bow with 2 or 3 caps to match - it comes as a set. I don't sell just the bottlecaps. About the choking hazard... almost everything we sell has a choking hazard. There is a warning on all my listings and on my display cards. That is the parent's obligation. These things should not be anywhere near a child's mouth, and they should never be worn while sleeping, in car seats, etc.

See I keep going back and forth on the chocking hazard too. I mean your right about several things/all our things being a chocking hazard, but the whole magnet thing gets me. I REALLY want to do a set with several of the bottle caps to offer, but I am torn with the magnet. Ugh..I definitely dont want to get sued.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg