key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-30-2011, 02:53

Default Re: Interchangable Bottlecaps for Bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaRose View Post
I make them too!

I get the 9mm rare earth magnets from ebay and use E6000 to glue it on the bow then wrap it with the center ribbon - the caps have no troubles sticking to the magnet and they sell really well!
would you mind to share (or pm me) where u get them from?
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-30-2011, 06:30

Yep, I use flattened caps.

I'm in australia so my supplier would probably be useless to you lol but if you search for rare earth magnets on ebay you should find some that work. I get the 9mm ones so they don't show under the center ribbon but still work effectively
Old 01-30-2011, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
Hmm. Sadly the closest HL is 1hr from me. I guess I'll check the other craft stores. Can these be used with the flattened caps?
if you dont feel like going to other craft stores you could always order them online from hobby lobby here is a link to the magnet search i did not sure exactly what ones you would need:
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/de...8f&operator=OR

HTH!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:21

I absolutely love this idea! I think it really creates a unique product I'm adding it to my "to do" list! lol
Old 01-30-2011, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I absolutely love this idea! I think it really creates a unique product I'm adding it to my "to do" list! lol
i agree! unfortunatly my to do list continues to grow and my time to get stuff done seems to shrink lol. i have been meaning to look into bottlecaps as a whole but havent had a chance im wondering how difficult they are or if i should just try and buy them premade hmmm
Old 01-30-2011, 08:02

been thinking of doing this for a while.
Do you add one megnet to bow. or could you add a washer like you to the necklace and add magnets to the caps so they are interchangeable with the bow and necklace? or would the bow become too heavy? anyone try that?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesnbugsmommy View Post
i agree! unfortunatly my to do list continues to grow and my time to get stuff done seems to shrink lol. i have been meaning to look into bottlecaps as a whole but havent had a chance im wondering how difficult they are or if i should just try and buy them premade hmmm
I've been debating that too! I think I might like to try it both ways.. my own creations and buying some as well
Old 01-30-2011, 08:41

The magnets are way cheaper on etsy. I use the neodimium magets (super strong) and they are thinner than wmart magnets. Wmart magnets are bulky and they add a lot of weight to the bow.

100 Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets - GREAT FOR SCRABBLE TILES GLASS TILES AND BOTTLE TOPS - SUPER STRONG - 1/16 Inch Thick
Old 01-30-2011, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
The magnets are way cheaper on etsy. I use the neodimium magets (super strong) and they are thinner than wmart magnets. Wmart magnets are bulky and they add a lot of weight to the bow.

100 Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets - GREAT FOR SCRABBLE TILES GLASS TILES AND BOTTLE TOPS - SUPER STRONG - 1/16 Inch Thick
That store on etsy has 0 items for sale
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5 View Post

For bottlecaps... do you use the 3/8" or the 1/2"??

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.