5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-29-2011, 12:18

Default OTT/Stacked Bows

I'm wanting to make some OTT and stacked bows and I have a question about the base bow...I hope this doesn't sound stupid! LOL. I have the BBM templates and I have just purchased the NBNG templates so I could make different bows. While reading the PDF file from NBNG and looking at the pics, is the base bow of OTT and stacked bows upside down? I know it's a twisted bow, but do you flip it so the back of the bow is facing up then stack your layers? I just want to make sure I am reading and seeing it correctly! Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-29-2011, 12:47

Default Re: OTT/Stacked Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharie80 View Post
I'm wanting to make some OTT and stacked bows and I have a question about the base bow...I hope this doesn't sound stupid! LOL. I have the BBM templates and I have just purchased the NBNG templates so I could make different bows. While reading the PDF file from NBNG and looking at the pics, is the base bow of OTT and stacked bows upside down? I know it's a twisted bow, but do you flip it so the back of the bow is facing up then stack your layers? I just want to make sure I am reading and seeing it correctly! Thanks for any help!
YEs that is what some ppl do.......just have the down side up and the up side down

Old 01-30-2011, 07:42

So how's this for my first one??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OTT Princess Bow.jpg (46.7 KB, 510 views)
Old 01-30-2011, 07:57

Quote:
So how's this for my first one??

I think the bow itself and the surrounds and everything are fabulous!!!! I just think the tulle and spikes are a bit long. Shorten those some and I think you've got a winner!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04

Very pretty. I agree that the spikes and tulle should be shorter.

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 01-30-2011, 08:27

yuppers agree with the spikes
Old 01-30-2011, 10:46

Really?! Oh man, LOL. I thought OTT had long ol' spikes. At first I made them 6 inches long and they looked too short, so I made the second set 8 inches long. I thought the tulle was a bit long, though! I wanna make bows like this:

http://tutuspoiled.com/item_180/Swee...he-Top-Bow.htm
Old 01-30-2011, 11:15

Quote:
Really?! Oh man, LOL. I thought OTT had long ol' spikes. At first I made them 6 inches long and they looked too short, so I made the second set 8 inches long. I thought the tulle was a bit long, though! I wanna make bows like this:

http://tutuspoiled.com/item_180/Swee...he-Top-Bow.htm
Typically (or atleast the ones I've seen) have spikes but not quite that long.

The picture you linked (and I may be mistaken) But I believe is a "spikey bow" with a half twist ontop of it. Someone on here (or maybe it was etsy) has a tut for the spikey bow. I have that tut.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Typically (or atleast the ones I've seen) have spikes but not quite that long.

The picture you linked (and I may be mistaken) But I believe is a "spikey bow" with a half twist ontop of it. Someone on here (or maybe it was etsy) has a tut for the spikey bow. I have that tut.
It looks pretty easy, but I don't know how she separated the spikes like that? When I do spikes they're all bunched up together and her's are pull apart more in the center. KWIM?
Old 01-30-2011, 11:24

mine are 5-6" long usually

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.