Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-03-2011, 08:21

Default Re: OTT/Stacked Bows

LOL I'm kinda embarrassed now looking at the picture of my bow before I fixed it. Ha ha ha!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 02-03-2011, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharie80 View Post
LOL I'm kinda embarrassed now looking at the picture of my bow before I fixed it. Ha ha ha!
lol I know what you mean! We've all done that before!

Show us what it looks like now!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:49

I've never heard of flipping the bow over. I can't wait to try it to see how it works out.

Debora
Old 02-05-2011, 02:31
ahaygood

My over the top bows are just BIG and full of ribbon. I do a pinwheel for the bottom so more stuff can fit in between

They are all over 5.5 inches

I dont make long spikes tho. Just normal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3691.jpg (78.9 KB, 177 views)
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
lol I know what you mean! We've all done that before!

Show us what it looks like now!
As soon as I get a chance I'll post another pic!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaygood View Post
My over the top bows are just BIG and full of ribbon. I do a pinwheel for the bottom so more stuff can fit in between

I was thinking about doing a pinwheel bow for the base bow, but I haven't mastered that bow yet
Old 02-06-2011, 07:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debora View Post
I've never heard of flipping the bow over. I can't wait to try it to see how it works out.

Debora
Okay, I have a question...so you don't flip your bow? How do you stack bows on top of each other without the bottom bows loops flopping out of shape? I'd rather not do "bottom to bottom", but I REALLY want to make over the top bows! I could use as many tips as possible...and I have done A LOT of searching online and on this forum, so please no one take me as being lazy because I definitely am not. I always research before asking for help
Old 02-06-2011, 07:57

Quote:
So how's this for my first one??

I think it looks pretty good, except that the spikes are too long in my opinion.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:08

Quote:
Don't be embarrassed! The ladies on here are so great @ giving opinions & advice! We all started somewhere! You should have seen my first ones! Pretty darn horrible! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaygood View Post

I do a pinwheel too b/c i think the twisted is just too big when I look at it. I feel like the bow is going to collapse!

As far as the spikes, I like mine to be about 1/2" or so out from the main bow (does that make sense?).
IMO, long spikes looks kinda wierd. I think of ott mean the bow has lots of loops, little mini bows on the sides of your loops, maybe some maraboo and/or bling. Just something that's more fabulous than a regular bow. kwim?

I hope that helps. I'm not an expert, by any means!

I do love the main bow! You did perfect on it! great job!

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Old 02-07-2011, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetapple View Post
Don't be embarrassed! The ladies on here are so great @ giving opinions & advice! We all started somewhere! You should have seen my first ones! Pretty darn horrible! lol.

I do a pinwheel too b/c i think the twisted is just too big when I look at it. I feel like the bow is going to collapse!

As far as the spikes, I like mine to be about 1/2" or so out from the main bow (does that make sense?).
IMO, long spikes looks kinda wierd. I think of ott mean the bow has lots of loops, little mini bows on the sides of your loops, maybe some maraboo and/or bling. Just something that's more fabulous than a regular bow. kwim?

I hope that helps. I'm not an expert, by any means!

I do love the main bow! You did perfect on it! great job!
Thank you!! You made a lot of sense and have helped me a lot on this. I don't feel so lost. How do you do your pinwheels? I bought NBNG and haven't been able to do the pinwheels. I think I'll practice more at naptime. I agree that a twisted for the base is too big, that's why I wanted to do a pinwheel or some other big flat bow!
Sponsored Links