New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-27-2011, 04:57

Default Glass tile pendants

I've read a few threads there about the glass tile pendants and I just recently started making them. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some pictures of the backside of their pendants? I just want to see if mine are coming out right and I rarely see images of the backside. thanks for all your help!

Stacy
Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2011, 08:05

Default Re: Glass tile pendants

I don't have any pics of mine, but they are just plain looking. Looks like the back side of a pic, with glaze on it. Does that make sense?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:46

Old 01-27-2011, 09:19

Thank you both for your replies! Mine look similar. I'm having a problem with my bails just kind of popping off, taking a small layer of the paper (just where the bail was glued) with it. It's like they aren't durable? I'm using E6000 to glue them on after I glaze the back of the paper part. I've tried both Diamond Glaze and Glossy Accents. Both look great when they are dried, and I haven't had any problems with that part, just the bails. Any idea what I should do? All the tuts I've read have the same instructions, and I'm doing it exactly like it seems everyone else is, but I don't want to sell a product that's going to fall apart in a few days! Any ideas?! I read something on here about scratching the glass, but that doesn't make any sense to me because you glue the image onto the glass first, so the bail isn't actually "touching" the glass, it's on the paper. Sorry so long winded but I want to start selling these and I'm getting frustrated! Thanks!

Stacy
Old 01-27-2011, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysha12 View Post
Thank you both for your replies! Mine look similar. I'm having a problem with my bails just kind of popping off, taking a small layer of the paper (just where the bail was glued) with it. It's like they aren't durable? I'm using E6000 to glue them on after I glaze the back of the paper part. I've tried both Diamond Glaze and Glossy Accents. Both look great when they are dried, and I haven't had any problems with that part, just the bails. Any idea what I should do? All the tuts I've read have the same instructions, and I'm doing it exactly like it seems everyone else is, but I don't want to sell a product that's going to fall apart in a few days! Any ideas?! I read something on here about scratching the glass, but that doesn't make any sense to me because you glue the image onto the glass first, so the bail isn't actually "touching" the glass, it's on the paper. Sorry so long winded but I want to start selling these and I'm getting frustrated! Thanks!

Stacy
Stacy, I use doming resin on the back of mine so that the paper is completely encapsulated in resin on one side and glass on the other
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37

After writing that I went ahead and tested all the tiles I've made (about 10) and sure enough, they all pop off. But, what I noticed is it really seems more like the glaze isn't sealing the paper well enough at the edges of the tile. The bail itself isn't coming off, a layer of the paper is coming off. So in the end I have a thin sheet of paper on my tile still, and another thin layer of paper still attached to the bail. Will resin fix this problem? Is it really hard to work with for a beginner? And which one exactly do you recommend? sorry for all the questions I just really want to get this right! Thanks again.

Stacy
Old 01-27-2011, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysha12 View Post
After writing that I went ahead and tested all the tiles I've made (about 10) and sure enough, they all pop off. But, what I noticed is it really seems more like the glaze isn't sealing the paper well enough at the edges of the tile. The bail itself isn't coming off, a layer of the paper is coming off. So in the end I have a thin sheet of paper on my tile still, and another thin layer of paper still attached to the bail. Will resin fix this problem? Is it really hard to work with for a beginner? And which one exactly do you recommend? sorry for all the questions I just really want to get this right! Thanks again.

Stacy
Are you using any resin? resin is easy, you just have to make sure it is used correctly and that all steps are completed and dry before moving on
Old 01-27-2011, 10:14

I'm not using a resin, I've only used the glazes. Which brand do you use and recommend? I'm going to have to try that and see if it stops that problem.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:25

I use Diamond Glaze and have never had a problem. Do you let it dry thoroughly before applying the bail? I also use E6000 for the bail. Not sure what could be going on?! I just do a thin layer of DG all over the tile. Let dry. I sand around the edges to make sure I get all that ran over and then apply bail.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33

That's exactly what I do, and I let it dry for at least 48 hours before applying the bail also using the E6000 glue. I see so many people just use the diamond glaze and don't have issues. I'm using scrapbook paper, and I apply the diamond glase all along the edges of the tile as well as on the back. Lots of trial and error I guess.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg