Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-26-2011, 08:20

Default Glitter Everywhere! HELP!

I am making my very first TUTU and maybe I'm an idiot but I bought glitter tulle. I had no idea it would be like dumping a tube of glitter ALL over the place It is gorgeous!! How do I lock the glitter in??? I want to give this Tutu as a birthday gift this weekend please help!!

Thanks!
Sharon
www.haileysbows.weebly.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/HaileysBow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_2291.jpg (96.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 102_2292.jpg (48.9 KB, 97 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24

Default Re: Glitter Everywhere! HELP!

im glad i saw this I almost bought some today it looked so cute so maybe someone has an idea
Old 01-26-2011, 08:38

bought it once and swore NEVER again...there really is no way to lock it in lol! My store STILL has glitter EVERYWHERE lol
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39

I used glitter tulle for some Halloween hair do-dads (they weren't really bows). Some of the glitter did come off but it wasn't really annoying enough to do anything about it.

If it's any consolation I don't see any traces of it now and it's not like I'm a world class housekeeper. It just vanishes over time.

If it really bothers you I'd try some sort of spray adhesive; but that will only do so much and it will increase the cost of your project.

BTW, is that a bow in the second pic? Actually it looks like 4 bows? Is that meant to be worn or is that to decorate the gift box?

Kel
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18

oooh glad i read this!! i bought some also but now that i read this i am going to go outside to make mine!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
oooh glad i read this!! i bought some also but now that i read this i am going to go outside to make mine!!
I'm guessing you don't live in the North East. We've got another storm warning and it looks like school will probably be cancelled again tomorrow.

Kel
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
I'm guessing you don't live in the North East. We've got another storm warning and it looks like school will probably be cancelled again tomorrow.

Kel
no....i live in south texas, right across the border....but i wasnt planning on doing it anytime soon anyways i have some bow orders to make first and i have never made a tutu so i dont want to have anything else to do before i take it on, just in case it takes me all day!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
no....i live in south texas, right across the border....but i wasnt planning on doing it anytime soon anyways i have some bow orders to make first and i have never made a tutu so i dont want to have anything else to do before i take it on, just in case it takes me all day!
I've only made one and it was much more time consuming than I expected.

Kel
Old 01-26-2011, 09:48

I have never bought the glitter tulle, but I have bought 'shimmer' and it doesn't shed everywhere. maybee you could take a sticky lint roller to it and at least get some of the excess off?

Old 01-26-2011, 10:26

I just made my tutu from glitter tulle and shimmer...anyways I also live in Texas smack dab in the middle, I wouldn't do mine outside just cause its ALWAYS windy here!! I just use my kirby to vacuum it up then I have to shower because its all over me! If you want it to stay on the tulle try hair spray possibly!! HTH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0780.jpg (51.6 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg