New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-24-2011, 12:06

Default this ribbon rose from video

Ok, so I literally have been torturing myself all day trying to make this darn ribbon rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NriXH3qMuqk

seriously. CANT DO IT. I cant tell what she is doing in the beginning to get the center (after twsting) and I cant get it to turn under, i just cant do it. Does anyone have a better tutorial (more like one with pictures and words lol) or can anyone make one and ill buy it from you lol seriously. I want to make these darn flowers!!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-24-2011, 12:08

Default Re: this ribbon rose from video

There is Vanitha's tutorial somewhere here. Its only $5. Let me see if I can find it..
Old 01-24-2011, 12:10

Ok, this may not be the same, but looks very similar.
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/216413-post9.html
Old 01-24-2011, 12:13

haha I was just looking at that lol it popped up on my top bar...cant decide if ill be able to do it and if I should buy it or not. ugggh! I dont get why its so hard for me to understand!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:19

Im not getting how when she turns it down, it doesnt keep folding over on itself and get smaller and smaller...does that make sense? I know you make these so you dont want to give away the secrets haahh! but I just wish I could get it! Its driving me crazy!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:26

http://www.offray.com/106b.html Here is a picture and instruction tutorial for the rose. I agree with you. I watch it all day, do the picture tutorial and my roses come up looking like a giant funnel. They are so tall I would have to anchor them down like the balloon floats at the Macy's Parade! But I will keep trying. Hope you can figure it out and accomplish it also.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:27

Hmm,I was just watching it trying to figure it out,and I "thought" I had it...lol. She makes it look easy,thats for sure.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:30

That's my problem also, the ribbon that I am folding over just keeps getting twisted and before you know it, I have that ribbon wrapped upside down or something.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45

she is using a rather stiff, cheap ribbon from WalMart......I wonder if that might be it.....im gonna try it tomorrow
Old 01-24-2011, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytutus View Post
Im not getting how when she turns it down, it doesnt keep folding over on itself and get smaller and smaller...does that make sense? I know you make these so you dont want to give away the secrets haahh! but I just wish I could get it! Its driving me crazy!
I am sorry, it doesnt have anything to do with me doing them. English is my second language and I am not good at explaining. Try Vanithas tutorial, maybe it will help you to get the technique down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
she is using a rather stiff, cheap ribbon from WalMart......I wonder if that might be it.....im gonna try it tomorrow
I am using UB ribbon and like it, because its softer.