http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-23-2011, 10:25

Default More help with resin drops please!

I am determined to figure these little buggers out. So, I've tried putting the drops on the image first and then to the cap and also putting the image on the cap first and then adding the resin drop. Either way, when I hold the cap at an angle, it looks kind of like a crackle finish going on between the image and the drop. Is this normal? Is there anyway to fix this problem. I have pressed and rubbed to try and get rid of it, but no luck. When I just look straight on at the cap it looks clear, it's just when I kind of hold it at an angle to the light that I can see it. Please help!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 10:36

Default Re: More help with resin drops please!

I have found them to be much of a trade off, they are very fast BUT you give up the high quality finished look, I only use them in the ones I am doing for bow centers, if they are for necklaces or key fobs, i do the rio doming resin
Old 01-23-2011, 10:42

Thanks Allison. I am with you. I am still using the Rio for necklaces, but really wanted to use the drops for clippies and bow centers. I just wish I could get to a point where I am satisfied with the drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I have found them to be much of a trade off, they are very fast BUT you give up the high quality finished look, I only use them in the ones I am doing for bow centers, if they are for necklaces or key fobs, i do the rio doming resin
Old 01-23-2011, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Thanks Allison. I am with you. I am still using the Rio for necklaces, but really wanted to use the drops for clippies and bow centers. I just wish I could get to a point where I am satisfied with the drops.
I dont think you ever will be if you are anything like me, I just put them as bow centers and figure most ppl arent as anal as I am
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09

I think it is near impossible to go from being a real resin girl to a resin drop girl. I just can't make enough money on a clippie for all the effort it takes me to make them with real resin. Especially this time of year. It's very cold here and the resin just does not like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I dont think you ever will be if you are anything like me, I just put them as bow centers and figure most ppl arent as anal as I am
Old 01-23-2011, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
I think it is near impossible to go from being a real resin girl to a resin drop girl. I just can't make enough money on a clippie for all the effort it takes me to make them with real resin. Especially this time of year. It's very cold here and the resin just does not like it.
Well turn on the heat then girlie!!! lol
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36

Let me know if you find a solution... I have the same problem!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55

Which drops are you using? I have tried them before from Sun and Moon off of Etsy, but wasn't pleased at all. I just figured that's how the resin drops were suppose to be.

I've been thinking about buying some from the lady that sells them on here...
Old 01-24-2011, 02:00

I hate those drops. They don't look clear and they don't sit flat/flush on the image. Resin is a PITA, but if you're like me, I would want nice, clear, perfect images.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredhope View Post
Which drops are you using? I have tried them before from Sun and Moon off of Etsy, but wasn't pleased at all. I just figured that's how the resin drops were suppose to be.

I've been thinking about buying some from the lady that sells them on here...
I have tried them from all the sellers I can find....
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.